Isham Meadows b. 16 Feb 1740 in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., Virginia baptized 3 January 1741/2 in Bristol Parish, Prince George County, Virginia. He married Frances Acree Goode is what I have. It could be a mix up with another Frances Acree who may have married a Goode first- I just do not have proof of the Goode name. He died 4 April 1829 in Harris County, Georgia, aged 89. Named for Isham of Bermuda Hundred-lived near the James River 1649 settlement in VA called Bermuda Hundred, which is supposed to be one of four Meadows family settlements, Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., VA (His father was Daniel)
Children of Daniel Meadows his father:
+2. i. James2Meadows, born circa 1730, will made in 1812, filed May 1815, Granville County, North Carolina, married Ellenor Shearman.
+3. ii. John Meadows, will made 10 November 1773, Bute County, North Carolina, proved August Court 1774, Bute County, married Hannah ——.
+4. iii. Daniel Meadows
+5. iv. William Meadows
+6. v. Isham Meadows, born 16 February 1740, Christening (LDS): 03 January 1740/41, Bristol Parish, Prince George Co., Virginia,, died 4 April 1829, Harris County, Georgia, aged 89 married Frances Acree Goode, daughter of William ACree.
Isham Meadows witnessed a deed in Wilkes County, Georgia, 28 February 1791: Joseph Spradling of Greene County, Georgia, and James Davidson of Wilkes County, Georgia, sold to Jesse Boles of Wilkes County, for £50, 100 acres on Whites Creek, adjoining north by Hugh Jones, east by James Morrow, south by Richd. Hill, west by unknown, granted to Spradling, 8 April 1789. Witnesses: Wm. Watson, Isham Meddows. Proved by Wm. Watson and Isham Meddows, 13 October 1791. Registered 5 September 1792.67
Wilkes Co., Ga.
Mother: Francis Acree Goode born Abt. 1745; daughter of William Acree of Hanover Co., VA and Agnes Shearin, of Wilkes Co., GA., Died april 1796 in Wilkes Co., GA .. William Acre fought in the American Revolution. Will Book 1792–1801, p. 162. Will of William Acre, made 21 Feb. 1796, proved 7 April 1796. Daughters: Elizabeth, Jenea Acree, Susannah Woodall, Sarah Smith, Frances Meadows (Madows), Nancy Dismukes, Pricilla Acre. Sons: William Acree, Shearrin Acree, John Acree. Exors: son, John Acree, and friend, Edward Gresham. Test: Gravner Stewart, Solomon Ray, Edward Gresham. In 1799, John Acree, exor., paid John Dismukes his legacy. Michal Martin Farmer, Wilkes Co., Ga., Deed Books A– V V, 1784–1806. Wilkes Co., Ga., Deed Book UU, p. 248: 27 Dec. 1803, John Dismukes, Jr. of Warren Co., Ga., sold to Gravener Stewart of Wilkes Co., Ga., 50 acres on south fork of Little River willed by Wm. Acree, decd. to said Dismukes.
Isham and Frances known Children:
1. Benjamin Franklin Meadows
2. Daniel Meadows, born March 01, 1779; died December 28, 1875 in Coweta Co., Georgia; married Ann Anna Thompson January 01, 1801 in Wilkes Co., Georgia; born October 06, 1782
3. Isham Meadows II born Bet. 1765 - 1770 in Warren Co. N. Carolina married Ann Fancis Sherrill (His mother was Frances Acre, not his wife)Some people have that mixed up.
4, John Meadows
Children of John Meadows and Lydia _____:
+22. i. Susanna4Meadows, born circa 1794, Warren County, North Carolina, died circa 1825, married 16 February 1811, Clarke County, Georgia, to Sterling Acree.
23. ii. Jane “Jean/Jincy” Meadows, born circa 1796, Warren County, North Carolina, married 29 June 1815, Greene County, Georgia, William Meadows, born circa 1794, her first cousin, son of Isham Meadows (Jr.) [See William Meadows, No. 30].
+24. iii. Riley Meadows, born circa 1798, died after 1850 and before 1854, Harris County, Georgia, married 9 January 1823, Wilkes County, Georgia, to Elizabeth Pollard.
+25. iv. Jesse Meadows, born circa 1801, Wilkes County, Georgia, died 6 August 1875, Tallapoosa County, Alabama, married 29 March 1821, Wilkes County, Georgia, to Susan Pollard.
26. v. Temperence Meadows married 2 November 1824, Warren County, Georgia, to William Jones. On 2 May 1815 in Greene County, Georgia, Tempey Meadows chose Sterling Acree to be her guardian.
5. James Meadows -born circa 1770, Bute County, North Carolina, estate administered in September 1813, Putnam County, Georgia, married circa 1799, Wilkes County, Georgia, Rutha Stephens (Stevens).
6. William Meadows, born circa 1778, Bute County, North Carolina, estate administered 7 November 1854, Taliaferro County, Georgia, married second, Serena ——.
7. Edward Meadows, born circa 1783, Warren County, North Carolina, died 2 December 1869, Taliaferro County, Georgia, Burial: Dec 1869 A. K. Mathis place,Taliaferro County, Georgia married circa 1815, Greene County, Georgia, to Rebecca Thompson b ca 1795 GA-
A. son Harrison Meadows b 1818 GA m. Elizabeth b. 1807 GA, sons William 1840, Isaac 1845, John. 1847
B. son Green B. Meadows b 1820 GA
C. dau Martha b. 1824 GA m. Cox, had twins Edward and Mary Ann 1845 GA
D. son Edward A. Meadows b. 1829 GA
1. Silas M MEADOWS b: ABT 1817
2. Daniel Harrison MEADOWS b: 1818 in Taliaferro County, Georgia
3. Green B MEADOWS b: 1820
4. George R. MEADOWS b: 1820 in Taliaferro County, Georgia
5. Martha Ann MEADOWS b: ABT 1824
6. Edward A MEADOWS b: 13 Mar 1829 in Taliaferro County, Georgia
1. Title: 1790 US Census, Warren County, North Carolina
2. Title: 1809 Tax List, Greene County, Georgia
3. Title: 1815 Tax List, Greene County, Georgia
4. Title: 1824 Tax List , Greene County, Georgia
5. Title: 1825 Tax List, Greene County, Georgia
6. Title: 1820 US Census, Greene County, Georgia
7. Title: 1827 State Census, 606th Georgia Military District
8. Title: 1830 US Census, Taliaferro County, Georgia
9. Title: 1850 US Census, Taliaferro County, Georgia
10. Title: 1860 US Census, Taliaferro County, Georgia
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|