Seeking information on this family. Would like to know if Lewis Adsit's father was Oscar T. Adsit and what relation, if any, is Martin Adsit?
Lewis (Lew) Adsit - Born March 1857 NYS (where). Died 1927 Corning, NY and buried Hope Cemetery, City of Corning.
married Caroline (Carrie) Gorton, d/o Stephen Decatur Gorton and Eleanor Lamphear. She was born Feb. 1862 probably in Corning, NY. She died 1936 Corning, NY. Buried in Hope Cemetery, Corning, NY.
1. Mary (Mattie) Adsit born Sept 1879 NYS
2. Judson B. Adsit - born June 1883 NYS. Died July 19, 1956. Buried Hope Cemetery, Corning, NY. Married Bertha Stevens. She was born Jan. 14, 1887 and died May 1, 1966 at Castile Nursing Home, Castile, NY. Buried Hope Cemetery, Corning, NY.
Steuben Co. Directory 1917-1922 has them living in Prattsburg, Steuben Co., NY.
3. Harriet (Hattie) C. Adsit - born Sept 1885. Died 1952 Buried Hope Cemetery, Corning, NY.
4. John G. Adsit - born 1897. Died 1977. Buried Presho Cemetery, Presho, Steuben Co., NY Wife Bessie M. (maiden name unknown to me) born 1896. Died 1990. Buried Presho Cemetery, Presho, Steuben Co., NY.
5. Helen Louise Adsit - born Jan. 1899 Died 1990 Buried Hope Cemetery, Corning, NY.
1900 Census - City of Corning, Steuben Co., NY
There must have been other children born to Lewis and Carrie Adsit since there are big gaps in childrens dates of births.
Would appreciate help identifying Steuben Co., NY Adsit families.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|