My Great-Grandmother, Thressa Angerman Carrara, was born in 1883, in the area of Austria-Germany-Northern Italy. Her parents were Joseph and Geneva Angerman. Thressa came to the U.S. with her parents and other siblings. I do not know their port of entry. The first record I have is of them living in Jellico, Tennesee, and working in the coal mines there. Some of these Angerman's intermarried with the DeRiga family in Tennessee. After some incident in Jellico, the Angerman's moved to Monongahela, PA in 1898. Thressa worked in the boarding house of Marie Carrara Danesi, where John Carrara was a border. That is where Thressa met her husband, John Carrara b. 1878 in Bresica, Italy d. Jan. 1942. They married Sept. 12, 1900 in Monongahela, PA. They had 11 children:
1. Louis David Carrara b: 1901 Monongahela d: Sept 21, 1984
2. Genevieve "Eva" Carrara b:1902 still living
3. Joseph Serafino "Fee" Carrara (my grandfather) b: 1904 d; 1963
4. Rudolph Carrara b: 1906 d: 1955
5. John Daniel "Hank" Carrara b: 1909 d: 1988
6. Ferdinand Carrara b: 1911
7. Vincent Roy Carrara b: 1913 d: 1965
8. Edward Victor Carrara b: 1915 d: 1987
9. Eugene "Skip" Carrara b: 1916 d: 1983
10. Eleanor Ruth Carrara b: 1919 still living
11. Henry Carrara b: 1925 died age 2 days.
Thressa Angerman Carrara had several siblings including a brother Joseph Angerman who worked in the coal mines in Monongahela, PA, and a sister Marie, who married a DeMollie and lived in Sharon, PA. The 2 coal mines mentioned that the Angerman's worked in Monongahela were Shuenburg Coal Mine, and the Black Diamond Mine. Thressa also has a nephew, Tom Angerman who lives in Oakmont, PA. Thressa Angerman Carrara died in 1964, and is buried at Greenlawn Cemetery in Butler, PA. I would love to have more information on the Angerman family.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|