The Asbells from the earliest times were proud of their kin and on many occasions they perputated the names of their parents, grandparents, and other loved ancestors by naming their children after these elders. It is reasonable to believe that Henry Asbel got his name from his grandfather, Henrich Van Cere, that Sally Asbel got her name from her aunt Sally Asbel and who knows but what Perlina was originally Paulina mispronouced and that the name came from Paulina Coyle, her great grandmother.
Henry and Eliza Asbell had the following children:
1. Sally Asbell, born in 1839, married Mr. Sloan
2. John Asbell, born in 1942, died in the Confederate Army.
3. Henry Asbell, born 1844, died in the Confederate Army.
4. Perlina Catherine Asbell born May 18, 1846, married Isaac Congleton September 24, 1867.
5. Susan Asbell born in 1847, married Snod Sloan.
6. Sam Asbell born in 1850, married Miss Gorley.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|