I was informed that John Adolphus Ashman was my 4th Great Grandfather. He married Eleanor Phillips of New Jersey in the late 1770's.
He was a Hessian Soldier who was hired by the British but later joined the Americans.
His Son Robert Adolphus Ashman married twice. 1st to Charlotte McElroy 8 Feb 1827 and 2nd Maria Royce 1845.
Robert and Charlotte had several children and none with Maria.
1. James M. 1827-1877
2. John M. 1829-1831
3. Sarah 1830-1831
4. Sally Ann 1832-1895 md. ? Baker
5. Stephen A. 1834
6. Harriet C. 1836 md ? Dade
7. Mary F. 1838-1911 md John Lyon
8. Caroline 1840 md. ? Shores
9. Eleanor J. 1842-1899
10. Robert Adolphus Jr. 1844-1886/87 md. 1st Georgianna Cook 1831-1899 and 2nd Alice Hotchkiss 1853-1930
Robert Adolphus Jr. was my 2nd Great Grandfather.
He had 4 children not sure which wife was their mother.
1. Herbert A. 1874-1953
2. Frederick W. 1876-1943 md. Fanny Fields, grand daughter of Cyrus Field, the cable man.
3. Robert L. d: 1950
4. Georgianna Mae 1883-1938
5. Jessie A. 1883-1972 (not twins)
Frederick W. Ashman was my 1st Great Grandfather
Fredrick and Fanny Had 2 children:
1. Frederick W. Jr. md Alice Beckwith Loomis
Frederick W. Jr. was my grandfather.
Frederick and Alice had 5 children:
2. Ruth md. 1st L.E. Farnham, 2nd Louis W. LeMontagne, Jr.
3. Frederick George
Ruth Ashman was my mother but my father was neither of the husband's of hers.
I was an adopted child who found her family finally.
Any one knowing any of these persons mentioned please contact me by email.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|