Thank you! This tallies with the information I had on hand, and has some things that are new to me.
FYI, here's what I have:
John Bale married (1) Malinda Mason b. 1798, d. May 22 1832. Issue:
1. Emily Carolina Bale - June 14, 1824 - Aug 18 1893 (her name is from her gravestone) She married John T. Stewart, who died at Shiloh, and is buried over at Carmel Presbyterian church in Cherokee Cty AL. They had nine children.
2. I did not know Matilda's name. She probably died young, because she was not named in her father's will of 1864. (Since he disinherited another child by name, he would have mentioned her if she was alive even if he did not give her a bequest).
3. James Alfred, Apr. 12 1828 - Dec 15 1900. He married into a prominent Chatooga County GA family and had numerous children. He & his family are buried in Myrtle Hill, Rome.
4. Amanda Sophia Bale, b. May 27 1830 - d. Mar 14 1850.
5. Malinda Bale, May 18 1832 - Sep 7 1832. She died a few months after her mother died in childbirth. Her & her mother's deaths were separately reported in the Greenville "Mountaineer".
John Bale m. (2) Phoebe George Foster, d.o. Robert Foster and Celia Moore of Greenville. Issue:
1. Josephine Bale b. Nov 1 1835 - d. Apr 9 1876. She married Burnwell Harbour & had numerous issue.
2. Charles Russel Bale b. Jul 25 1837, killed in Dandridge Tennessee May 13 1864. No issue although he was married and his widow's 2nd husband contested his will. He and his brother Alfred are buried side by side in the old Presbyterian cemetery in Coosa, GA, just west of Rome.
3. Alfred Foster Bale b. Jul 29 1839 killed Dec. 24 1863 at Resaca. Not married.
4. Victoria Brittania Bale, b. Apr 8 1841 d. Feb 28 1863. She married Cain Glover of Cherokee Cty AL and Rome GA. She died giving birth to twins, who died with her. One other child died at birth. She is buried in the old Goshen cemetery near Piedmont AL. Her sole surviving child, Emma Josephine Bale, married Elbert Timothy McGhee of Rome GA. They are my great grandparents.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|