Binford Family Genealogy Forum
From History of Rush County, Indiana, Brant & Fuller, 1888, Reprinted by Eastern Indiana Publishing Co., Knightstown, Indiana, 1966, page 560:
Levi Binford, druggist and prominent business man of Carthage, is a native of Ripley Township, born August 18, 1843. He was the son of Micajah C. and Susannah (Bundy) Binford, who are old citizens of Ripley Township. He was reared upon the old Binford homestead, working upon the farm in summer and attending school in winter. Later on he attended Earlham College, of Richmond, a few terms, which, in addition to a good common school education, gave him knowledge of several of the higher branches of learning. In his early manhood he taught one term of public school. At about twenty-one years of age, he engaged in agricultural pursuits and continued to give his attention to farming until 1872. In that year he became a resident of Carthage, where he has since conducted a large drug store, and has also been connected with extensive saw milling interests. In addition to the above he has also acted in the capacity of agent for a number of reliable insurance companies and the public associations, which all of these have occasioned, have won for him an enviable reputation as thoroughly reliable and trustworthy business man. He was married January 6, 1870, to Miss Abbie S. Marshall, who is the daughter of David and Zelinda (Binford) Marshall, who were natives of Green County, Tenn., and Prince George County, Va., respectively. Mrs. Binford died on the 26th day of March, 1887, leaving in the care of our subject an only child, Marshall D., who was born October 19, 1880. Mr. Binford is a member of the Friendsí Church and a Prohibitionist in politics. He is a man who possesses good business qualifications and who has the confidence of all.
Notify Administrator about this message?