I'm researching a Beniah but it's not yours. Contact Linda at LMS59@AOL.COM -- she is researching yours (b 1818 in W VA). Since she sent me the info below, she has found documentation that absolutely confirms that your Beniah is the son of John Botkin and Jane (??).
Beniah Married Dec 30, 1851 in Nicholas CO (W)VA Emaline (Avaline, Evaline) Malcom,
b. 1830 in Nicholas Co, (W)VA (daughter of Joseph Malcom). He was so old that she may have been a second wife.
Linda believes this is the Beniah Botkin in the Civil War, 62nd Virginia Infantry, enlisted in Pendleton County in 1864, aligned Confederate. He would have been fairly old, but possibly still him.
Son of John Bodkin and Jane somebody. John appears in Kanawha County, (W)VA
for the first time in the 3 April 1818 tax list. Siblings;
1. Beniah (b 1818 in (W)VA)
2. Delana (Delaney), b. 1821. m. Martha Cottrell 15 Mar 1860 Martha must
have died, because the 1880 census says his wife is 31 and named Liza. Of
course, it also says that he is 50, when he was more like 59.
3. Chapman J., b. 1825 m. Sarah Bender about 1850. His claim to fame is
being mayor of Charleston, WV for a couple of years in the 1880s. His son,
Edward A., was supposedly the first dentist in Charleston.
4. Josiah, b. 1826 m. Mary Jane Lynn 2 Aug 1849 1880 census says he is
5. Andrew J., b. August 1830
6. John, b. 1831
7. C. Columbus, b. 1832 m. Julia A. Robinett 12 Apr 1866, later married
8. James, b. 1833 m. Melinda Jane Martin 14 Oct 1857 d. 22 Jan 1868 This is
the one whose death record lists parents as "James and Jane Bodkin."
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|