Seeking information on Mary Brookins (or Brookens) who married Joseph Maxwell, as I would like to verify the connection between Mary and Joseph and their suspected parents
Mary Brookens (her surname might also have been Hall)
Born: c. 1825 in Ireland (probably Donegal). Her parents might have been Samuel Brookins and Mary Laverty.
Married Joseph Maxwell on March 4, 1844 in Carndonagh Presbyterian Church, Co. Donegal.
Died: most likely on Feb 27, 1896 in Philadelphia (address at death: 2051 Wilder, 36th Ward, Philadelphia). Most likely buried in Odd Fellows Cem., Philadelphia on Mar 2, 1896.
Born: c. 1823 in Ireland (most likely in Carndonagh, Donegal). His parents might have been John Maxwell and Rebecca Maxwell.
Died: Aug 29, 1883 in Philadelphia (address at death: 1327 Hicks St). Buried in Odd Fellows Cem., Philadelphia on Aug 31, 1883.
Mary and Joseph appear to have left Ireland sometime 1844-1848. They appear to have first lived in New Brunswick, Canada, and then moved to Philadelphia.
Mary and Joseph appear in the 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 US Censuses for Philadelphia.
Mary and Joseph had at least five children.
1. John Maxwell, b. c. 1846 in Ireland or Canada.
2. Mary Maxwell, b. c. 1848 in New Brunswick, Canada.
3. Henry (or possibly Samuel) Maxwell, b. c. 1851 in Pennsylvania (most likely Philadelphia). Died Nov 23, 1886 in Philadelphia.
4. Rebecca Maxwell, b. c. 1853 in Pennsylvania (most likely Philadelphia).
5. Martha Maxwell, b. c. 1857 in Pennsylvania (most likely Philadelphia).
Would like to hear from anyone descended from one of these five children. I am descended from Henry (#3).
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|