I am looking for Native American Indian connection to surname Harvey. It as been passed down that there is Indian in our line. I can only find this. Please see if anything rings a bell to anyone. I have run into a brick wall.
John Harvey born about around approximately 1800 in NY.
Married Sophia Woodruff daughter of Joseph Woodruff CT>NY.
They had 6 children (that I can find). BUT PLEASE remember nothing is set in stone.
Ps: Andrew went by the spelling of Hervey. In a letter between grandchildren it was stated went by the English spelling? What this exactly means, unknown?
John Harvey b. ca. 1800 married Sophia Woodruff b. ca. 1803.
John Harvey & Sophia Woodruff Children
1. Unknown Female Harvey abt 1822
2. Andrew D. Hervey b. 12/11/1824 d. 02/20/1916 m. Eleanor McIntyre b. 07/05/1842 d. 01/11/1908
Children: Verna, Maud & Lillian
3. Elizabeth Harvey b. 02/27/1827 d.01/16/1895 m. John Brundage b. 05/16/1799 d. 07/26/1880
Children: Melvin (Jay M) William
4. Mary Harvey b. 05/23/1829 d. 07/06/1903 m. Henry Clair b.02/17/1826 d. 10/02/1890
Children: Henry; Robert; Burt; Floyd
5. Hiram James Harvey b. 04/26/1830 d. 07/02/1912
m1. Mary Cartwright b. 03/12/1834 d. unknown Children: M. Harvey abt 1850; Fred Harvey Emerson 06/07/1861
m2. Cynthia Bump b. 08/05/1840 d. 1924
Children: Ida (Foster/Adopted); Jennie; Anna; Edith,
Laura; Walter F.
6. Unknown Male Harvey b. abt. 1836 (possibility of Lewis? 1850 census)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|