Well, I'm been working on the names of the children of James Bunner for some 30 years so I'll offer my thoughts on possible answers:
James Bunner, born 1786-94 (probably about 1788), appears to have married twice. James married first, in Monongalia County, Virginia, 16 December 1807, Jennie or Jenny Carrol, daughter of John Carroll. Surety to this marriage was Thomas Kennedy. James married second, in Monongalia County, 29 September 1813, Susannah Ferrell, born Virginia 1795-96, daughter of Robert Ferrell. Surety to this marriage was John Bunner, presumably elder brother to James. In 1820 and 1840, James was living in the Western Division of Monongalia County. In 1830, James was listed in the Eastern District, not far from Joseph Bunner and Sarah Bunner, widow of Casper Jr. James's first wife may have died early, as no wife appears with him in the 1820 census records. In September 1850, James and Susannah were living next to Uriah M. and Hannah (Pride) Ferrell. Susanna was still living in 1870, at the farm of her son Ferrell Bunner in Sheridan Township, Calhoun County, West Virginia.
Children of James and Jennie (Carroll) Bunner:
1. (daughter), b. Va. 1805-10, unmarried in 1831
Children of James and Susannah (Ferrell) Bunner:
2. Robert, b. Monongalia Co., Va. about 1810-13
3. (daughter), b. Virginia 1810-20
4. (son), b. Virginia 1815-20
5. (daughter), b. Virginia 1815-20
6. (daughter) (Rachel?), b. Virginia 1820-25
7. (daughter), b. Virginia 1820-25
8. (daughter) (Elizabeth?), b. Virginia 1823-25
9. (daughter) (Hannah?), b. Virginia 1825-30
10. Amy, b. Monongalia Co. 18 Apr. 1828
11. Ferrell D., b. Monongalia Co., Virginia 1834-35
12. Amos, b. Monongalia Co., Virginia 1837-38
1. (daughter), b. Va. 1805-10, unmarried in 1831, might be the Sarah Bunner, born 1809, who married (about 1835?) Moses Ashcraft, who was born 11 April 1808, son of Levi Ashcraft (1768-1830) and his wife Rebecca. They lived in Clinton District, Monongalia County. This suggestion is largely speculation.
2. Robert Bunner, b. Monongalia Co., Va. about 1810-13, married in Monongalia County, 30 March 1833, Mary Pride, born Monongalia County 1811-12, daughter of Henry Pride. Large family.
3. (daughter), b. Virginia 1810-20: The eldest daughter of James and Susannah (Ferrell) Bunner, born Virginia 1810-20, might be Virginia Bunner, born 1811-12. The only evidence for this speculation is the Virginia [Ashcraft?], age 68, single, sister-in-law to Moses Ashcraft, who was living with the Moses and Sarah Ashcraft family in Clinton District, Monongalia County, Virginia, in 1880.
4. (son), b. Virginia 1815-20: A son of James and Susannah (Ferrell) Bunner, born Virginia 1815-20, is suggested by the census records. No further information.
5. (daughter), b. Virginia 1815-20: A daughter of James and Susannah (Ferrell) Bunner, born Virginia 1815-20, is suggested by the census records. No further information.
6. (daughter), b. Virginia 1820-25, is probably the Rachel (or Rachel R.) Bunner or Boner, born probably 1821-22, who married about 1841 Charles Kerns. Several children. This is probably the Charles A. Kerns, born Monongalia County 1824-25, son of John and Rebecca Kerns, who was a widower on 15 February 1867 when he married in Ritchie County Almira B. Nutter.
7. (daughter), b. Virginia 1820-25, might be the Martha Bunner ("Marthy"), born Virginia 17 January 1821, who married about 1840-41 John Davidson Porter, born Virginia 17 June 1817. This suggestion is based on one daughter's death certficate.
8. (daughter), b. Virginia 1823-25, is probably the Elizabeth Bunner, born Monongalia County circa 1823-25. Elizabeth Bunner became, 5 June 1845, the first wife of Alpheus Norman, who was born at Normantown, Randolph County, Virginia, 11 December 1823 or 10 December 1824, a son of James N. and Catharine (Summers) Norman. Elizabeth died in Calhoun County, 5 August 1859, at age 35 years. Her death record lists her parents as "John and S. Bonnor."
9. (daughter), b. Virginia 1825-30, might be the Hannah Bunner, born in Monongalia County, circa 1820-27 (perhaps 1824), who married circa 1840 William Pride, who was born in Monongalia County 1826-27, a son of Henry and Mary Pride. Large family.
10. Amy Bunner, daughter of James Bunner, was born, probably in Monongalia County, Virginia, 18 April 1828. Amy Bunner married, in Monongalia County, 19 December 1843, John Alexander Hoffman, who was born in Monongalia County 1 November 1822, son of Phillip Hoffman. Phillip Hoffman was a brother to John Hoffman or Huffman (a son of John Hoffman, born 11 January 1775, and Sarah Goodwin of Kent County, Delaware) who married in 1835 Rebecca Ann Bunner. Large family.
11. Ferrell D. Bunner, born Monongalia County, Virginia, 1834-35, enlisted as a private in the Union Army 22 December 1861, in Company C, 11th Regiment, West Virginia Infantry. He married in Calhoun County, 18 March 1858, Aery E. or Ary or Arah or Ana Leeson, who was born in Ritchie County, Virginia, 18 October 1842, daughter of John F. and Mahuldah (Stout) Leeson. John Leeson was a son of Richard and Hannah (Pride) Leeson.
12. Amos Bunner, born Monongalia or Marion County, Virginia, 1837-38, youngest known son of James and Susannah (Ferrell) Bunner, married (first), in Calhoun County, 30 March 1859, Elizabeth Taylor, who was born in Buckingham County, Virginia, 1842-44, daughter of George Washington and Lydia Margaret Taylor. He married (second?), in Calhoun County, 15 December 1865, Rebecca C. Sanders, age 18, who was born in Hampshire County, West Virginia, 1846-47, daughter of John and Cynthia Sanders.
All subject to change. I'm tracing all descendants. Please contact Alan Bunner
7200 Burtonwood Drive
Alexandria, VA 22307
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|