BUTNER, WALK, SPACH, HAUSER, KRAUSE, ZIGLAR, SPAUGH, REYNOLDS, HARTMAN, KISER, WALKER
I am working on a massive WALK family tree. Elisabeth WALK was born 20 Aug 1775 at Friedberg, Stokes Co., NC and died 02 Mar 1819 at Bethabara, Stokes (present day Forsyth) County, North Carolina. She was the fourth of thirteen children of Martin WALK Jr. (1737-1791) and Elizabeth FISCUS (1750-1825).
Elisabeth WALK married Herman BUTNER on 02 Sep 1794 at Rowan County, North Carolina. Herman was born 26 Jul 1771 at Hope, present day Forsyth County, North Carolina and died 13 Mar 1845 at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Elisabeth and Herman are buried at the God's Acre (Moravian) Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
After Elisabeth died Herman married Johanna DIEZ HEGE (10 Apr 1772 - 18 Feb 1835), widow of Christian HEGE. Herman was the son of Thomas BUTNER (1741-1781) and Sarah ELROD (1746-1832). This early BUTNER information is taken from a book by JAMES JURNEY, "Ancestry of Alice Estelle and Effie Catherine Butner and Related Families"; published in Bellevue Washington in 1992.
Elisabeth WALK BUTNER and Herman BUTNER were the parents of ten known children:
1. Joseph BUTNER (25 Aug 1795 - 07 Dec 1795), is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Friedland, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
2. Maria BUTNER (18 Dec 1796 - 04 Jul 1803), is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
3. Elisabeth BUTNER (21 Jul 1798 - 11 Aug 1861) married Johann SPACH (16 Apr 1782 - 23 Jun 1861) on 03 Feb 1848. They are buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina. This was Johann's second marriage, he was married to Anna Catherina KNAUSS (1781-1847) first. Johann was the son of Johann Adam SPACH (1853-1816) and Catherina TESH (1759-1829). Elisabeth had no children.
4. Sarah BUTNER (28 Oct 1800 - 1880) married Anthony (Anton?) Augustus HAUSER Sr. on 29 Oct 1820 at Stokes County, North Carolina. Anthony was born 02 Oct 1798 at North Carolina and died 07 Jan 1849 at Tenneessee (Oberlin County?). Sarah and Anthony Sr. had seven known children: William Alexander (1821-???), Elizabeth Angelina (1825-???), Joseph Henry (1826-???), Israel Herman (1828-???), Lewis Benjamin (1832-???), Anthony Augustus Jr. (1834-???) and Louisa Jane (1839-1906) (Louisa married William M. MILLER (1840-1908)). All the children were born in North Carolina before the family moved to Tennessee. Anthony Sr. was the son of Joseph HAUSER (1763-1841) and Anna Maria BOECKEL (???-???).
5. Johann Michael BUTNER (21 Apr 1805 - 27 Apr 1805), is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
6. Ludwig (Lewis) Hermann BUTNER (23 May 1806 - 13 Oct 1831), is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Did he ever marry?
7. Susanna Rebecca BUTNER (12 Jan 1808 - 24 Aug 1846) married Benjamin KRAUSE on 18 Jun 1824 at Stokes County, North Carolina. Benjamin was born 08 Mar 1800 at Bethabara and died 30 Apr 1880 at Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Susanna is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Where is Benjamin buried? They were the parents of four known children: Louisa Hortensia KRAUSE (1833-???), Florina Lucinda KRAUSE (1836-???), Benjamin Joseph KRAUSE (1842-1844) and Anna Eliza KRAUSE (1845-???). Benjamin was the son of Johann Gottleib KRAUSE (1760-1802) and Christina BOECKEL (1771-1846).
8. Benjamin David BUTNER (28 Mar 1812 - ???) married Mary A. ZIGLAR on 15 Sep 1835 at Stokes County, North Carolina. Mary was born in 1813 in NC. It is not known where Benjamin and Mary are buried. In 1860 the family was living at Forsyth County, NC. In 1870 they were living at Benton Township, Dallas County, Missouri. Seven children are known:
Elisabeth S. BUTNER (1838-???) (married David F. FLYNT in 1860 at Forsyth Co., NC), Adeline L. BUTNER (1840-???) (married Mathew P. SNIPES in 1865 at Forsyth Co., NC, lived in Dallas Co., MO in 1870), James H. BUTNER (1843-???) (married Mary and had large family in Dallas Co., MO), William H. BUTNER (1845-???), Charles A. BUTNER (1848-???), Mary C. BUTNER (1852-???) and Coleman B. BUTNER (1854-???).
9. Maria Louise BUTNER (27 May 1818 - 06 Aug 1880) married Thomas L. SPACH (SPAUGH?) on 30 Apr 1843 at Stokes Co., NC. Thomas was born 09 Oct 1819 and died 12 Feb 1865. The parents are buried at the Bethabara Moravian cemetery. In 1860 the parents and six known children were living at Old Town District, Forsyth Co., NC. Thomas is thought to be the son of Johannes Joseph SPACH (1771-1820) and Sarah H. LANG (LONG?) (1770-1852). Are these the correct parents? Maria and Thomas was the parents of:
Henrietta C. SPACH (1844-1926) who married Ferdinand L. REYNOLDS (1834-1923) and are buried at the Sharon Methodist Cemetery in Forsyth Co., NC. Seven known children.
Junius A. SPACH (1847-1936) married Mary HARTMAN, nine children, where did they live and where are they buried????
Salena F. SPACH (1849-???) married Bynum KISER (1849-???) and had at least three chidlren. Where did they live and where are they buried????
William H. SPACH (1851-???), nothing known.
John T. SPACH (1857-???), nothing known.
Elenor Victoria SPACH (1860-???) married David WALKER and had six children, where did they live and where are they buried????
10. infant daughter BUTNER (02 Mar 1819 - 02 Mar 1819) is buried at the God's Acre Cemetery, at Bethabara, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Does anyone have information to trade on these children? Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|