Thomas Caines was the "Captain" of the notorious "Cock Road gang" which roamed the Bitton & Kingswood area near Bristol in Glocestershire in the 18th Century.
- Thomas, George and Samuel were transported to Australia.
- Benjamin, Francis & James all hanged.
- Two sisters had 6 common-law husbands between them and all were transported ( one of them twice).
- Elizabeth did 2 years jail for stealing pigs.
- Many nephews & cousins either transported or hanged.
Thomas Caines was transported to NSW in 1818 and his son Thomas was a pioneer of Port Macquarie.
Any contacts greatfully appreciated.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|