I am a seeking information about my Calderwood line from Vermont. They were of Scottish descent. What I have is oral history. I have not been able to verify the Scottish information or the Vermont information.
John Calderwood came to America, as an orphaned child from Scotland, in the early 1800s. He had an uncle living in Vermont and he lived with him. John married Elizabeth Walker Smith, whose mother was Margaret Renfrow.
John Calderwood and Elizabeth Walker Smith’s children:
1. Margaret Married Red Lyons and the had two children
2. Soloman, born Oct. 30, 1848 — died Nov. 15, 1928
Married Laura O. Barney and had two children
Edna Mae, born June 1897 — died 1977
Thelma Belle, born Jan. 1899 — died Dec. 3, 1979
3. Jennifer, A nun in Sacramento, California
4. Annabelle Agnes She married a Sanford had three children
5. Elizabeth She married a Stanton
6. Mary (Stayed in Vermont. No information)
7. Edward (died as child from Measles)
8. Nancy (Stayed in Vermont)
9. Infant child (name unknown) died
Soloman came around the Horn to San Francisco, California sometime in the late 1860s with his
sister Jennifer and their uncles David and Alexander Calderwood. Margaret, Elizabeth, and Annabelle joined them later.
Sol and his sisters were extremely tall, thin, and blue eyed with Auburn or dark chestnut brown
hair. Most had a bevy of freckles.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|