The Thomas Callihan Family Research Association maintains a free web site devoted to genealogy of Thomas (1757-1841) and Mary (1754-1849) Callihan of Bedford County, Pennsylvania at http://www.callihanfamilyresearch.org
The Association is a loosely-knit group of researchers who all have lineage, either directly or through marriage, to Thomas and Mary Callihan. The object is to gather and validate family history information, provide an authoritative family genealogy, and preserve years of family research.
You'll need to register at the site to see the genealogical information, because the Association wants the information displayed on the site to be free to the family, and used legitimately for genealogical purposes. We invite contributions; you can contribute to the family history by submitting material to the web site managers.
We provide web site space for pedigrees of other Callihan families as well, with the hope that shared information will help our mutual research. The current trees on the site are those of the Thomas & Mary Callihan Family of Bedford County, Pennsylvania, and the Greenup County, Kentucky descendants of Charles Callihan (b. abt 1780, VA).
We invite contributions of other Callihan family trees.
The mission of the Thomas Callihan Family Research Association is to:
1. Share and validate family lore;
2. Share identified family photos, with sources/credit where possible;
3. Share unidentified family photos in the hopes of identifying them;
4. Identify and acknowledge earlier researchers for their efforts in gathering data and stories;
5. Provide a list of privately published material on Callihan and related families, including publications on Callihan families as yet unconnected to ours;
6. Share information about buildings, farms, parks cemeteries, etc. that are named Callihan or a variant, and/or that hold the remains of Callihans and their relatives;
7. Provide web site space for interaction among researchers;
8. Provide web site space for pedigrees of as yet unconnected Callihan families;
9. Update the web site on a regular basis;
10. Protect copyrights on original materials published on the site;
11. Establish whatever legal entities and relationships as may be necessary to accomplish the above.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|