I have not posted a message on the Carrow GenForum in a few years, so I thought I would add some information about the ancestry of the Carrow Family of Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada.
Jacob and Joseph Wilson were brothers who each had a daughter named Mary Wilson.
1. Joseph Wilson married Polly Carpenter and had at least four children, including Mary Wilson, who was born Aug. 17, 1784.
2. Mary Wilson married Michael Carrow and had five children, including Nelson Carrow, Joseph Carrow, and Rachel Carrow. I have found descendents of Nelson Carrow and Rachel Carrow through this Carrow GenForum, and got to meet one of those people in real life.
3. Joseph Carrow married Margaret Smith. Joseph's sister, Rachel Carrow, married John Smith, the brother of Margaret Smith.
1. Back to Generation 1. Joseph Wilson's brother, Jacob Wilson, married Margaret Buchner (Boughner), who was born in 1758, the daughter of John Buchner. The Buchner family was from Sussex County, NJ. As British Loyalists, they emigrated to Norfolk County, Ontario. Jacob and Margaret Wilson had at least six children, including Mary Wilson. Thus, the two Mary Wilson's were first cousins.
2. Mary Wilson, the daughter of Jacob, married John Smith, and had at least three children named John, Jacob, and Margaret.
3. John Smith, the son of John Smith and Mary Wilson, married his 2nd cousin, Rachel Carrow. John Smith's sister, Margaret Smith, married Joseph Carrow, her 2nd cousin and the brother of Rachel Carrow. I am the descendent of this union. Thus, my great great grandparents, Joseph Carrow and Margaret Smith, each had a mother named Mary Wilson.
Please write me if you would like to share information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|