|Posted By:||Thomas Hays Boisseau|
|Subject:||Joachim Boisseau, LA, d. abt 1846|
|Post Date:||April 03, 2000 at 16:12:04|
|Forum:||Boisseau Family Genealogy Forum|
I am specifically looking for infomation regarding my gg grandfather who, according to the New Orleans city directories, may have been named Joachim Boisseau. My
information is inconclusive right now, but I know he lived in New Orleans
between 1832, and probably died there between 1842 and 1846. He had a son
named Eugene Boisseau (mentioned above), and MAY have had other sons named Justine Boisseau, Joseph Boisseau, John Boisseau, and Oscar Boisseau, but this is very questionable as they could have been Joachim's brothers, or they may not have been related at all.
Here's what I have so far. Any connections?
Appreciate any help. I do have a few more details if you need them.
Thomas Hays Boisseau
Generation No. 1
1. BOISSEAU1 (this is the one I believe to be JOACHIM) was born in France. He married AGNES(?) LOUISE(?) BOISSEAU (not sure about her name either). She was born Abt. 1810 in Jersey Island, France1.
More About AGNES(?) LOUISE(?) BOISSEAU:
Residence: Abt. 1860, New Orleans, living with her son Eugene2
Children of BOISSEAU and AGNES(?) BOISSEAU are:
2. i. EUGENE2 BOISSEAU, b. Abt. 1832, Louisiana or VA; d. August 18, 1898, New Orleans but was a resident of Biloxi, Miss at the time of death.
ii. <UNKNOWN-MALE> BOISSEAU.
Notes for <UNKNOWN-MALE> BOISSEAU:
According to an audio taped interview with John Eugene Boisseau and Eugenia Boisseau Peterson conducted on May 7, 1977 by Charles Hawley Boisseau, there was a brother who was in business with Eugene who decided to leave Louisianna and move to Texas to join the Quakers.
More About <UNKNOWN-MALE> BOISSEAU:
iii. EMMA(?) BOISSEAU, b. Abt. 1846, New Orleans, LA4.
Generation No. 2
2. EUGENE2 BOISSEAU (BOISSEAU1) was born Abt. 1832 in Louisiana or VA5,6,7, and died August 18, 1898 in New Orleans but was a resident of Biloxi, Miss at the time of death8. He married (1) ISABELLA E. GARCIA Abt. November 17, 1859 in New Orleans, LA. She was born Abt. 1838, and died October 11, 1874 in New Orleans, LA9,10. He married (2) ROSA TAYLOR Bef. 187711, daughter of <UNKNOWN-MALE> TAYLOR and <UNKNOWN-FEMALE>. She was born 1852 in Louisiana.
Residence: February 1880, 667 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA12
More About ISABELLA E. GARCIA:
Burial: St. Louis #2 Cemetary, New Orleans, LA13
Marriage Notes for EUGENE BOISSEAU and ISABELLA GARCIA:
Actual marriage date is unknown. Application for marriage was made on November 17, 1859 to the Parish of Orleans.
Child of EUGENE BOISSEAU and ISABELLA GARCIA is:
i. EUGENIA M.3 BOISSEAU, b. Abt. 1863, LA14; d. October 15, 1890, New Orleans, LA15.
Children of EUGENE BOISSEAU and ROSA TAYLOR are:
3. ii. STEPHEN EUGENE3 BOISSEAU, b. February 27, 1880, 667 Magazine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana.
iii. BENJAMIN BOISSEAU16.
Notes for BENJAMIN BOISSEAU:
According to the audio recorded interview with John Eugene Boisseau and Eugenia (Boisseau) Peterson conducted on May 7, 1977 by Charles Hawley Boisseau, Benjamin went A.W.L. during World War II. In the process he shot a guard while trying to escape. He never was caught, and he never knew if he killed the guard or not, but he lived in such fear of being discovered that he changed his name to "Burton" and slept with a pistol under his pillow. In this interview, John claimed to have visited "Uncle Beni" when he was a teenager. This was after Benjamin had gone A.W.L. At this time Benjamin was married and with children. According to John he was doubtful that either Benjamin's wife or children knew of his past, or even if they knew that they were "Boisseau's".
More About BENJAMIN BOISSEAU:
Aka (Facts Pg): Last name was changed to Burton16
iv. ADELAIDE BOISSEAU16.
4. v. LORELLA EUGENIA BOISSEAU, b. October 13, 1895, Biloxi, MS; d. March 12, 1950.
vi. <UNKNOWN> BOISSEAU17, d. July 26, 1878.
More About <UNKNOWN> BOISSEAU:
Burial: St. Louis #2 Cemetary, New Orleans, LA17.
Generation No. 3
3. STEPHEN EUGENE3 BOISSEAU (EUGENE2, BOISSEAU1) was born February 27, 1880 in 667 Magazine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana18. He married MARY FRANCES HAYS, daughter of JOHN HAYS and FRANCES WALKER. She was born October 08, 1886 in Fauk, SD, and died Abt. December 1923.
More About STEPHEN EUGENE BOISSEAU:
Occupation: traveling salesman of feminine hygene products
Residence: Aft. 1925, 613 Davidson Bldg., Souix City, IA
Children of STEPHEN BOISSEAU and MARY HAYS are:
5. i. JOHN EUGENE4 BOISSEAU, b. February 27, 1917, 1120 Pearl St., Souix City, Woodbury Co., IA; d. July 09, 1995,
ii. EUGENIA BOISSEAU, b. October 11; d. September 25, 1997; m. (1) ELMER PETERSON; m. (2) <UNKNOWN-MALE> CLARKE.
6. iii. FRANCES CLEMENTINE BOISSEAU, b. February 04, 1911; d. Norwalk, CT.
4. LORELLA EUGENIA3 BOISSEAU (EUGENE2, BOISSEAU1)19,20 was born October 13, 1895 in Biloxi, MS20, and died March 12, 195020. She married ROBERT CHARLES MILLER21 December 31, 1918 in First Presbyterian Church, Sioux City, IA22, son of WILSON MILLER and FLORENCE HAMILTON. He was born September 03, 1889 in Miller homestead, Virginia Twp., Union Co., SD22, and died June 26, 197922.
Children of LORELLA BOISSEAU and ROBERT MILLER are:
i. MAX E.4 MILLER23, b. December 06, 191923; d. July 25, 196523.
7. ii. WARREN B. MILLER, b. February 25, 1923, Hawarden, Sioux Co., IA.
iii. MARY MILLER25, b. December 13, 1926; m. <UNKNOWN-MALE> MCKERNAN.
Generation No. 4
5. JOHN EUGENE4 BOISSEAU (STEPHEN EUGENE3, EUGENE2, BOISSEAU1) was born February 27, 1917 in 1120 Pearl St., Souix City, Woodbury Co., IA26, and died July 09, 1995 in, Atlanta, Georgia. He married (1) HELEN MARIE TATE (also known as Karla Hawley) June 26, 1946 in Des Moines, Polk Co., IA27, daughter of JAMES TATE and GLADYS HOFFMAN. She was born April 26, 1920 in 8 pounds28, and died April 1976 in Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT. He married (2) MARY LOUISE BOSSARD November 27, 1976, daughter of JAMES BOSSARD and FLORANCE WILLIAMS. She was born March 06, 1926 in Riverdale, NJ.
Children of JOHN BOISSEAU and HELEN TATE are:
8. i. JOHN EUGENE5 BOISSEAU, JR., b. January 16, 1948, New York, NY.
9. ii. CHARLES HAWLEY BOISSEAU, b. August 15, 1952, New York, NY.
10. iii. THOMAS HAYS BOISSEAU, b. May 03, 1958, Norwalk, CT.