|Posted By:||Lance D. Gill|
|Subject:||JACOB STEMPLE and EVE EASTERDAY|
|Post Date:||January 15, 2002 at 15:24:11|
|Forum:||Easterday Family Genealogy Forum|
Jacob Stemple was born on 16 Oct 1792 in Aurora, Preston Co. VA, a son of David Stemple and Eva Catherine Rinehart. Jacob served during the War of 1812. Afterward, on 19 Nov 1816, he married Eve Easterday, a daughter of Martin and Barbara Bauer Easterday. Eve was born at Red Stone, Fayette Co., PA, during the family's migration from Frederick Co. MD to Jefferson Co. OH, on 5 Oct 1797. Of their 11 children, only the oldest was born in Jefferson Co., OH. The rest were born after their move to Carroll Co. OH:
1. Eve Catherine Stemple (13 Oct 1817-23 Feb 1899) married Jacob Helfrich on 15 Apr 1841. Died in Carroll Co., OH.
2. Susanna Stemple (19 Dec 1819-14 Nov 1850) never married. Died in Carroll Co. OH.
3. Martin Stemple (6 Jan 1822-12 Mar 1901) married Rebecca Harsh on 31 Aug 1848. Died in Carroll Co. OH.
4. David Stemple (16 Sep 1824-3 Jan 1895) married Mary Miller on 23 Sep 1847. Died in Cleveland, OH.
5. Jacob Stemple (28 Jul 1826-7 Jan 1904) married Mary Earnest on 5 Mar 1855. Died in Allen Co. OH.
6. Louisa Stemple (7 Sep 1828-20 Aug 1850) never married. Died in Carroll Co. OH.
7. Melanchton Stemple (9 Feb 1831-5 Oct 1865) never married. Died in Carroll Co. OH.
8. Eve Elizabeth Stemple (7 Aug 1833-7 Jun 1885) married John L. Miller on 4 Jun 1855. Died in Knoxville, Jefferson Co. OH.
9. Barbara Ann Stemple (16 Sep 1836-1911) married John L. Harsh on 10 Mar 1857. Died in Carroll Co. OH.
10. Levi Stemple (15 Aug 1839-23 Jun 1921) married Mary Gearhart on 21 Nov 1865.
11. Milton E. Stemple (2 Nov 1842-Nov 1921) married Mary Magdalene Ronk on 20 Jun 1881.
Eve Stemple died on 22 Aug 1850 in Carroll Co., OH. Jacob died on 4 Sep 1859 in Carroll Co. OH. Both were buried in the Harsh Cemetery in Carroll Co as were their children, Susanna , Louisa, Melanchton, and Barbara Ann.