|Posted By:||Jimmie D Macrander|
|Subject:||Philipp Wilhelm Macrander, organ maker, son of Johann Freidrich Macrander|
|Post Date:||January 01, 2006 at 14:36:44|
|Forum:||Macrander Family Genealogy Forum|
In 1742, the Evangelisch Wilhelmskirche, in Bad Nauheim, Butzbach, Hessen-Nassau contracted for a baroque style organ to be built and installed by Philipp Wilhelm Macrander of the Macrander Firm of Frankfurt am Main. He was the son of Johann Friedrich Macrander, master organ builder, originally of Garbenheim, Wetzlar am Lahn who had been providing organs in the Middle Rhine Region from about 1609 onward. They operated the Macrander Firm from Frankfurt am Main. Wilhelmskirche was named for its patron Wilhelm VIII von Hessen-Kassel.