Just happened onto your message! William Chidley (m Louisa Martin) is my Great Grandfather's brother. I have his BC from Eng. in my CHIDLEY file. I do not know much about Louisa except her date of B, date of D, date of M (one day off from your date); their burial in same cemetery as my Grandparents & Great Grandparents. They are buried in the Wheeling Twp. Cem., Arlington Heights, Cook Co., IL. I have not photographed their stones, but can where the weather is better. My brother lives in the Chidley home my Grandfather build in Arlington Heights in 1910. I live in the next town, but my parents are buried in the cemetery across the road from Wheeling Twp. Cem.
William (that's all that is on his B record) was b 28 Feb 1852, 10 Court Howard Place,Birminham Dist.,St. Philip's sub-district, County of Warwick, Eng., son of Thomas Chidley & his wife, Ann Stone. I know of the following six children:
1. Maud B., b 5 May 1878; m 5 Jul 1899 (Andrew "Andy" Hanreddy); d 4 Feb 1963; bur Irving Park Blvd. Cem. (I haven't been there but can probably find out more)
2. Mable, b 23 Aug 1880; m 20 Oct 1909 (Bert Brown); d 17 Oct 1963; bur Wheeling Twp. Cem. (same plot as parents)
3. May, b ca Jul 1882; d 1 Aug 1884 (no other info)
4. Mary (no further info)
5. Pearl (no further info)
6. Blanch "Birdie", b 5 Sep 1891; m 19 Apr 1913 (Leslie Smith); d Dec 1976; they had a dau. Margaret who m Ernest Olson, & lvd Chicago; (no further info)
William's parents: Thomas Chidley b 21 Dec 1812, EN; m 16 Feb 1835, Aston, Birmingham, Warwick, EN AND Ann Stone, b ca 1816, EN; d 3 Oct 1879, Hamilton, Wentworth, Ontario, CN (I have her obit & D recd). They had at least 6 children, all b EN. Came frm EN to CN ? but my Great Grandparents were m in CN. Children:
1. Emily, (have lots on her) bur. in IL
2. Alfred (my Great Grandfather) b 8 Nov 1847, Goodmans Fields, Whitechapel, Middlesex, EN; d 17 Dec 1932, Bremen Twp., Cook Co., IL; m (1) CN, Mary McCue (1) Mary Jane Elizabeth Smythe (my Great Grandmother) 14 Jan 1880, Wallace, Perth, Ontario, CN, both bur Wheeling Twp. Cem.
His 1st wife, Mary, d in Hamilton (they had one daughter). Alfred & 2nd Mary, had several ch.
3. Walter, b 15 Dec 1849, EN
4. William (info above)
5. Sarah, b EN, d 15 Dec 1943 ?, m Albert SMYTHE (bro of my Great Grandmother)
6. Female, m Joseph Boell (story says they went to Australia). I see you have some Boles info listed - wonder if this is related).
Hope this will be helpful & I hope we can share other data.
Darlene Chidley Vogt
Cook Co., IL
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|