After about ten years of searching and so many dead ends, it seems I may have finally found the England link of our line.
I will start with my brother and follow it back, for those who are interested...
- Vincent Churchill (b 1966 Johannesburg - Living)
- Dunny Henry Churchill (b 1931 Krugersdorp - Living) married Jacomina Margaretha Churchill (b 1940 Pretoria - Living)
- Alfred Churchill (b 1901 Heidelberg - d 1972) married Magrietha Johanna Le Roux
- James Churchill (b 1858 Surrey, UK - d 1929 South Africa) married Amy (Emmee/Emmie) Enlisted in Infantry in 1977 and was sent to South Africa, where he eventually stayed.
- Henry Churchill (b 1836?? - d ???) married Ann
Unconfirmed information I have, is that they lived in Deptford, Surrey for most of their lives. The family was somehow involved in breeding race horses. The rumour is that James was a black sheep and paid to stay away. :) Another rumour is that Winston Churchill (ex-Prime Minister of England) was a cousin of James. There is supposedly a photo of the two of them, together with another cousin, somewhere. I have not been able to verify this.
Common names in our family are : James, Henry, Alfred, Winston, Randolph, Harold, Peter, George and Amy. The use of these names predate Winston Lionel Spencer Churchill, which leads me to at least consider the rumours of a family link.
This is as far as I've managed to trace. Does anybody have any information on Henry (and Ann), please?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|