I am a descendant of James B. Cofield (b. 1825, Washington Co., GA) and Mahala A. Lavenia Hall through their son, Thomas Richard "Dick" Cofield (b. ca 1855, GA) who married Harriet Christie. I believe that Harriet died in Georgia between 1885 and 1888. Richard married 2nd Savannah Knight in Georgia before 1900. Richard may have married a 3rd time...see below info.
I am looking for any information on this family. I am especially interested in any info on Harriet Christie.
Richard and Harriet had the following children known to me.
(1) James Thomas "Tom" Cofield (b. 10 Jun 1872) married Elizabeth " Lizzie " Darley
(2) Samuel Dexter "Dex" Cofield (b. ca 1877) married Berta Linton
(3) Viola "Ola" Cofield (b. ca 1882) married unknown husband Newberry
(4) Valder Jackson Coffield (b. 05 Aug 1885) married Winnie Callie Bell
(5) Hattie Lee Coffield (b. Abt. 1883) married Sydney Milton Gideons
(6) Carrie Cofield (b. Abt. 1886) married Unknown husband Graham
Richard and Savannah had the following children known to me.
(7) Johny Cofield (f)(b. ca 1900)
(8) Dovie Cofield (b. 1901) married Fred Carnley
(9) Richard Carney Cofield (b. 03 Aug 1904) married Ruby Viola White
(10) Laughton L. (Landen) Cofield (b. 19 Apr 1906)
(11) Lucien V. Cofield (b. 19 Apr 1906)
(12) Buford/Bluford Cofield (b. 1908)
(13) Willie T. Cofield (b. ca 1910)
I also find in the 1920 Escambia County, Alabama this same
Thomas Cofield with wife, Beatrice (age 45) and the following children... Richard C.(14), Lucious V. (13), Laughton L. (13), Bluford (11) Willie T.(10), Otis T.(5), Floyd V.(dau) (2 months)
I would appreciate any information on who Beatrice and the other two children (Otis and Floyd)are.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|