This is a rough outline of information found at the following sites:
1. Jacob Funhhouser Bio. Shenandoah Co., VA ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/va/shenandoah/biographies/funkbio.txt
2. Chalkey’s Chronicles of the Scotch Irish in Virginia
The other vol’s. are accessible through this address.
The sites should be searched by the following names(this is chronological as they appear):
Theses seem to be the same people just variations in spelling or transcribing:
1. James GILL(1743)(Orange Co., VA),probably the same as James GILL(1746) and James COILE(1746): he may also be the same as Capt. James GILL(1758) and mentioned in pension application in 1832.
2. John KYLE(1738)(Lancaster Co., PA) probably the same as John COILE(1789)
3. Valintine GUILE(1756) with sons Jacob, George and Gabriel GUILE; V. GUILE(1758); V. COIL(1764) and in 1767 as V. COILE and V. GILES.
4. Gabriel above; Gab. KYLE(1762); Gab. COILE(1765); Gab. KILE(COILE) in 1772 also in 1772 as COYLE and in 1776 as KILE and as GILL in 1802.
5. George GUILE(1756) and as COIL in 1807 and in 1815 COIL with son Jacob COIL(moved to Montgomery Co., MO)
6. Alexander KYLE(1766)
7.William KYLES(1780) as KYLE in 1786 and as GILES in 1832.
The information on Valintine GUILE seems to establish this as COILE or KYLE and not GUILE or GUILL and for me effectively closes this line as a “Dead End” for the GUILL family.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|