This is a most interesting puzzle. I might be able to help in providing some clues for further research. I have researched it a bit this afternoon and have several items of information to transmit to you, but it will take me a little while to check it all out and organize it. Some early examples:
• I believe I know the Sheb Coldiron you refer to. He is the only Sheb Coldiron in our extensive Coldiron database.
• Sheb Coldiron's mother was Morah HICKS; father was Elonzo (Lon) Coldiron
• After looking at 1880 census data this afternoon, I think I may know the parents and siblings of Morah Hicks (currently this is speculation, but there are good grounds for it)
• I know of no relationships of Coldirons and Shehorns
• The path I'm on is to answer this question -- Was one of Morah Hick's brothers the father of your Lona E. Hicks? If so, that would make Lona and Sheb first cousins.
It would be most helpful to have a transcript of the postcard Lona wrote to Sheb. It may provide important family clues you have not mentioned. For example, what is the date of the postcard and where was it sent? In 1910 Sheb is living with his parents in Madison Co., TX and in 1920 he is living as a roomer on Barrett St. in Harris Co., TX. If you don't wish to publish the transcript in this forum, perhaps you can send it to me via private e-mail or regular mail.
More after further research .... but if the postcard provides further clues, we need that information.
Otto G. Coldiron
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|