Summary of the Coldiron Family Genealogy book.
This book is the second edition. The first edition was published in 1998 and is no longer available. This second edition integrates all new information accumulated in the 1998-2009 period with the first edition and is therefore a completely updated issue. The book is the only comprehensive compilation of Coldiron family genealogy published to date. It is the result of 40+ years of research by many family members and interested researchers. It includes what we knew about all Coldiron families at the time of publication in November 2009.
The book compiles all descendants of Johan Georg Kalteisen (George Coldiron) 1730-1805, who emigrated to America from Germany as an indentured servant in 1750. All Coldirons descend from JGK - it is one family. JGK anglicized his name to George Coldiron in about 1766.
• The book is 1226 pages, 8.5x11 inches in size, hard bound cover of grade F buckram (very durable), and weighs 7.5 lbs.
• It is totally indexed in two sections. (1) There is an index for the Family Records section, which includes names of all family members and spouses. (2) There is also an index for the cemetery records, showing all descendants for whom we have a cemetery record.
• It contains data on over 14,600 Coldiron descendants, including Coldiron and allied family surnames. There is a direct relation of all these descendants, since they all descend from JGK. The book explains how to determine the relationship of each family member to another family member.
• The book contains 4100+ Family Group Records (FGRs), each showing data and information pertaining to that family. This data includes birth, death, marriage and burial information for individual family members, plus any individual notes and stories. FGRs total 882 pages of the book.
• It contains 2443 Census Records, reflecting census data for individual families from 1790 to 1930 (last census available). This data is useful in determining how a family grew throughout the years (from one census to the next), identifies occupations for family members, and shows where the family lived at each census. Census records total 212 pages and are arranged alphabetically by descendant’s name.
• It contains 1550 Cemetery Records, showing descendant's name, cemetery name, and location. Sorted by state, then cemetery. This allows easy review of all family members buried in each cemetery. Cemetery Records are separately indexed by individual’s name.
• The Bibliography identifies 124 primary sources of data and information for the book. Family data and information has been extracted from these references and has been integrated with inputs from thousands of family members over the years.
All descendants have a reference identification number RIN assigned to them by the computer genealogy program, and are cross referenced throughout the book with their assigned RIN whenever they appear. This eliminates risk of confusing family members.
The individual notes and family stories are placed directly after the applicable Family Group Record, so a family's data and historical information is in one place. There are other interesting features and statistical information, such as identifying unsolved Coldiron mysteries, growth and migration of the families over the past 250 years, first name frequency of the Coldiron surname, summary of family reunions, and North American Indian connections to individual families.
Although I have hundreds of family photos, none are included in the book. It was a real struggle to keep to data content to one volume, and there just wasn't room for photos. I felt at this point in defining the family genealogy and history, the data was more important.
ORDERING INFORMATION – The book is self-published, and I'm selling all copies from my home. If you should decide to order a copy, please send a personal check or money order to the address below. Book cost is based on recovering production cost only. Total cost is $59.00 per book, and that includes packaging and mailing. I will mail your book the day after I get your order. If you have questions, please contact me at email@example.com, 352-754-5075, or the address below.
Otto G. Coldiron
1125 Arlanie Road
Masaryktown, FL 34604-6907
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|