According to a Family Group Record in the Mormon Archives (red flag!) submitted by Emma P. Walton (sources cited are "Colgrove Family; Mayflower Descendants; R.I. 1 Vols. 5 & 6):
1. James Colegrove, b 1777 Hopkinton, Washington, RI. m Sallie Rappalye.
2. Francis Colegrove, b 1788 ditto.
3. Jeremiah Colegrove, b. 1799 ditto.
4. William Colegrove, b 9 Feb 1781 ditto.
5. Peleg Colegrove, b abt 1783 ditto. d. 1812.
6. Sarah Colegrove, b 16 Mar 1785 Stonington, New London, CT.
7. Nancy Colegrove, b abt 1787 ditto. m Jonathan Love.
8. Amie Colegrove, b 1bt 1789 ditto. m Jacob Saylor.
Again, from a FGR in the Mormon Archives submitted by Grace C. Barr (sources: 974.5 v2a Vol 5 Vital Records of Rhode Island; 002,904 Barbour Collection, CT):
1. James Colegrove, b 4 Oct 1777 Voluntown, N-London, Conn. m Sarah Rappleye.
2. Nancy Colegrove, b 23 Feb 1779 ditto.
3. William Colegrove, b 9 Feb 1781 ditto.
5. [sic] Sarah Colegrove, b 16 Mar 1785 Stonington, N-London, Conn.
Grace Barr submitted another FGR on the children of Jeremiah Colegrove and his first wife, Susanna Barber (sources: 974.5 Vza Vol 5 Vital Records of Rhode Island (1636-1850); 908,269 Vital Records of Rhode Island):
1. William Colegrove, b 17 Sep 1760 Exeter, Wash, RI
2. Andrew Colegrove, b 12 Feb 1764 Voluntown, N-London, RI
3. Samuel Colegrove, b 26 Jul 1767 Coventry, Kent, RI. m CLarissa
4. Silas Colegrove, b 3 Jun 1769 ditto.
5. Hannah Colegrove, b. 21 Jun 1771 Hopkinton, Wash, RI.
6. Susanna Colegrove, b. 28 Jun 1773 ditto.
7. Dianah Colegrove, b. 18 Dec 1775 ditto.
According to the COLEGROVE FAMILY IN AMERICA by William Colegrove, Jeremiah was the father of:
(Capt.) James Colegrove, of Schuyler Co, NY; farmer, etc. b.____ d. at 52 years. m. Sallie Rappleyea of NY. Was a captain in the War of 1812, and generally held some civil office. A man of ability and prominence.
Francis Colegrove, of Clinton Co, IN; Farmer; b ___; d in 1836; m. Feb 14, 1811 Elizabeth Hagar who d. in 1850. Went from VT to Greenup Co, KY, thence in 1828 to Ripley Co, IN, and finally in 1835 to Clinton Co.
The book probably gives more information on Jeremiah's children, but I did not copy all the pages.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|