I am also working on this line I beLieve..Here is what info I have come up with so far..Would love to share more info...
Descendants of L.E. Cooner
Generation No. 1
1. L.E.1 Cooner died Bef. 1880. He married Alethia C. ?. She was born 1840 in SC.
More About Alethia C. ?:
Census: 1880, Barnwell Co., SC census...Fish Pond Township
Children of L.E. Cooner and Alethia ? are:
+ 2 i. Lewellyn2 Cooner, born October 15, 1863 in SC; died May 07, 1928.
+ 3 ii. John Cooner, born March 24, 1866 in SC; died November 07, 1936 in Bamberg Co., Fish Pond.
4 iii. Jacob B Cooner, born 1870.
Generation No. 2
2. Lewellyn2 Cooner (L.E.1) was born October 15, 1863 in SC, and died May 07, 1928. He married Mary (Mamie) Jane Richardson September 12, 1886 in Midway, SC, daughter of J Richardson and Mary Steedly. She was born April 28, 1870 in Barnwell District, SC.
Notes for Lewellyn Cooner:
L.E. COONER DIES NEAR BAMBERG, S.C.
Bamberg, S.C., May 9. -- L.E. Cooner, 64, prominent farmer of the Farrell's
section of the county, died very suddenly Monday afternoon about six
o'clock. His remains were buried Tuesday afternoon at four o'clock at Edisto
Baptist church, Rev. Walter Black of Walterboro conducted the funeral
Mr. Cooner had been in ill health for some time, but his death came very
unexpectedly. Monday afternoon he suffered an attack while attending to his
farm duties, and died shortly afterward. He was born in the county and spent
his entire life here. He was a member of the Edisto church, and was a
high-toned Christian gentleman.
Mr. Cooner was the son of the late L.E. Cooner and Mrs. Catherine Berry
Cooner. He is survived by six children: L.E. ooner (sic), Jr., Lincoln,
Neb.; Mrs. K.W. Hicks, Farrell's; Mrs. J.P. Butler, Columbia; Miss Lucile
Cooner, Farrell Cooner and Harlod (sic) Cooner, both (sic) of Farrell's; two
brothers; J.R. Cooner, of Greenwood, and John Cooner, of Bamberg and his
widow, who was Mrs. (sic) Mamie Richardson before her marriage.
--Augusta (GA) Chronicle, Thursday, May 10, 1928.
Notes for Mary (Mamie) Jane Richardson:
Mrs. L.E. Cooner Of Bamberg Dies
Bamberg, Aug. 21.--Mrs. L.E. Cooner of near Bamberg died this evening at
her home after a long illness. Funeral services will be held at the Edisto
Baptist church in Bamberg county at 5 o'clock Tuesday afternoon. The Rev.
Walter Black will have charge of the services.
Mrs. Cooner was 69 years of age and had lived her entire life in this
county. She was a daughter of the late Thomas and Mary Richardson.
The following children survive: L.E. Cooner, Lakeland, Fla.; Mrs. W.W.
Hicks, Bamberg; Mrs. John I. Butler, Columbia; Mrs. Floyd Wilson, Bamberg;
Harold Cooner, Charleston; Mrs. Dunovan Bessinger of Columbia and Farrell
--The State (Columbia, SC), Tuesday, August 22, 1939.
Marriage Notes for Lewellyn Cooner and Mary Richardson:
South Carolina Baptist Deaths and Marriages, 1866-87
Married at the residence of Mr. J. T. Richardson, the bride's father, on Sunday,Sept. 12th, 1886, by Rev. B. P. Estes, Mr. L. E. Cooner, of Branchville, and Miss Mamie J. Richardson, of Midway, S. C.
Children of Lewellyn Cooner and Mary Richardson are:
5 i. Alethin3 Cooner. She married K.W. Hicks.
6 ii. Tillie Mae Cooner, born 1907. She married John I. Butler.
+ 7 iii. Lucille Georgia Cooner, born June 18, 1909; died July 03, 1981 in Moncks Corner, SC..
8 iv. Farrell Cooner, born December 22, 1911.
+ 9 v. Harold Cooner, born December 22, 1911; died March 1971.
10 vi. Dau. Cooner. She married Donivan Bessinger.
3. John2 Cooner (L.E.1) was born March 24, 1866 in SC, and died November 07, 1936 in Bamberg Co., Fish Pond. He married Margaret L. (Maggie) Rentz January 16, 1890 in Banberg Co., SC. She was born February 21, 1872 in Bufords Bridge, Bamberg Co., SC, and died November 18, 1945 in Gainesville Florida.
More About John Cooner:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery, SC
Occupation: Undertaker, Bamberg SC,,"J. Cooner & Son"
Residence: Farrell, then Bamberg 1901 (lived on RailRoad Ave.)
More About Margaret L. (Maggie) Rentz:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery
Children of John Cooner and Margaret Rentz are:
+ 11 i. Belle M3 Cooner, born November 23, 1891 in Bamberg Co.,SC.
+ 12 ii. Marian Gresset Cooner, born April 04, 1893; died August 16, 1932.
13 iii. Roy E Cooner, born September 05, 1895 in Bamberg Co.,SC; died March 21, 1965 in Bamberg Co.,SC. He married Sadie Elliot Harter February 1922; born September 11, 1898 in Allendale, SC; died April 04, 2003 in Bamberg Co., SC.
More About Roy E Cooner:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery
Military service: Bet. 1917 - 1918, WW1, Ensign, US Navy
Occupation: Aft. 1919, Undertaker at j Cooner & Son in Bamberg SC.
Notes for Sadie Elliot Harter:
COONER, Sadie Sadie Harter Cooner, 104, of Bamberg, SC, wife of the late Roy E. Cooner, passed away April 4, 2003 in Bamberg County Hospital. She was born September 11, 1898 in Allendale, SC, a daughter of the late Willie E. Harter and the late Julia Platts Harter. She was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church. She attended Fairfax School, graduated from Columbia College in 1919. She taught school in Olar and played the organ at Trinity United Methodist Church for 55 years. She enjoyed playing the organ, loved people and enjoyed stories and jokes and being with friends. Funeral will be Sunday, April 6, 2003 at 3 PM at Trinity United Methodist Church in Bamberg with Rev. Jim Dennis officiating. Burial will be in the South End Cemetery. Her niece, Anne Harter Wilson and her husband, Jim; niece-in-law, Marian B. Harter, all of Salisbury, NC; 3 great nephews, Steve, Mike and Rick Lentz; 1 great niece, Julie L. Bingler; her brothers preceded in death, William H. Harter J. Carlisle Harter. Visitation will be Saturday, April 5, 2003 from 6 - 8 PM at COONER FUNERAL HOME in Bamberg. Memorials may be made to the Sadie Harter Cooner Scholarship Fund of Trinity United Methodist Church, Box 335, Bamberg, SC 29003.
More About Sadie Elliot Harter:
Residence: 2003, 29003 Bamberg, Bamberg, SC
Social Security Number: 1963, 247-82-5437
+ 14 iv. ? Cooner.
Generation No. 3
7. Lucille Georgia3 Cooner (Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born June 18, 1909, and died July 03, 1981 in Moncks Corner, SC.. She married Floyd Ansel Wilson 1928, son of Cornelius Wilson and Rosa ???. He was born May 20, 1907 in SC, and died February 11, 1984 in Moncks Corner, Berkeley, SC.
More About Lucille Georgia Cooner:
Social Security Number: Bef. 1973, 251-23-3478
More About Floyd Ansel Wilson:
Burial: Berkeley Memorial Gardens, Moncks Corner, SC
Census: 1930, Fish Pond, Bamberg...SC...Floyd, Lucille and Douglas were living with her mother at the time the 1930 census was taken in Janurary.
Social Security Number: Bef. 1950, 248-28-9739
Children of Lucille Cooner and Floyd Wilson are:
+ 15 i. Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, born February 03, 1939 in Bamberg Co., SC.
16 ii. Howard Douglas Wilson, born October 04, 1929. He married Esther Harris.
17 iii. Thomas Virgil Wilson, born October 04, 1931. He married Delores June Hill October 07, 1951.
+ 18 iv. Francis Albert Wilson, born August 28, 1940.
9. Harold3 Cooner (Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born December 22, 1911, and died March 1971.
More About Harold Cooner:
Social Security Number: Bet. 1951 - 1952, 249-52-0803
Children of Harold Cooner are:
19 i. Jo Ann4 Cooner.
20 ii. Gene Cooner.
21 iii. Jimmy Cooner.
11. Belle M3 Cooner (John2, L.E.1) was born November 23, 1891 in Bamberg Co.,SC. She married William Eugene Stokes, son of Joseph Stokes and Belle Bunch. He was born August 21, 1889 in Bamberg Co., SC, and died July 19, 1948.
More About Belle M Cooner:
Residence: Bet. 1945 - 1974, Gainsville Florida
More About William Eugene Stokes:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery
Children of Belle Cooner and William Stokes are:
22 i. Margaret4 Stokes, born October 24, 1914; died October 20, 1989. She married Claude Sparkman.
More About Margaret Stokes:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery
23 ii. Rebecca Stokes.
12. Marian Gresset3 Cooner (John2, L.E.1) was born April 04, 1893, and died August 16, 1932. She married Claude P Sparkman.
More About Marian Gresset Cooner:
Burial: Bamberg City Cemetery
Child of Marian Cooner and Claude Sparkman is:
24 i. Margaret4 Sparkman.
14. ?3 Cooner (John2, L.E.1) She married Paul M Stults.
Child of ? Cooner and Paul Stults is:
25 i. Patricia4 Stults.
Generation No. 4
15. Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR (Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born February 03, 1939 in Bamberg Co., SC. He married Maricia Jane Tipton November 24, 1959 in Sitka, Alaska, daughter of Harry Tipton and Wonda Jones. She was born March 03, 1937.
More About Floyd Malcom Wilson SR:
Occupation: Plant Manager, Georgia Pacific
Children of Floyd SR and Maricia Tipton are:
+ 26 i. Lucinda Lea5 Wilson, born April 07, 1957 in Sitka, Alaska.
+ 27 ii. Floyd Malcom Wilson Jr., born April 17, 1958 in Sitka, Alaska.
+ 28 iii. Harry Andrew Wilson, born November 19, 1961 in Juneau, Alaska.
29 iv. Charles Ansel Wilson, born November 26, 1962. He married Debra Ann Sires; born April 09, 1959 in Dorchester Co. Hospital, Summerville SC.
+ 30 v. Marilyn Lee Wilson, born June 30, 1964 in Juno, Alaska.
+ 31 vi. Keneth Merel Wilson, born May 31, 1967 in Juneau, Alaska.
32 vii. Albert James Wilson, born January 10, 1968 in Juno, Alaska. He met Wendy Dawn Summerall June 18, 1988 in St. Stephen, SC; born September 01, 1970 in Ft. Myers-- Florida, Lee County.
18. Francis Albert4 Wilson (Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born August 28, 1940. He married Frankie Spiers February 17, 1961, daughter of Marion Spiers and Geraldine J.
Children of Francis Wilson and Frankie Spiers are:
33 i. Andrea Leigh5 Wilson, born August 13, 1962; died July 18, 1981.
More About Andrea Leigh Wilson:
Burial: Bonneau Baptist Church Cemetery. Bonneau,,SC
34 ii. Francis Albert Wilson, born December 07, 1965.
Generation No. 5
26. Lucinda Lea5 Wilson (Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born April 07, 1957 in Sitka, Alaska. She married Anderson.
Child of Lucinda Wilson and Anderson is:
35 i. Charles Chucky6 Anderson, born January 11, 1979 in CA.
27. Floyd Malcom Wilson5 Jr. (Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born April 17, 1958 in Sitka, Alaska. He married Tina Edenger. She was born November 09, 1968.
Children of Floyd Jr. and Tina Edenger are:
36 i. Floyd Malcom6 Wilson.
37 ii. Andrew James Wilson.
28. Harry Andrew5 Wilson (Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born November 19, 1961 in Juneau, Alaska. He married Christie Sutten in St. Stephen, SC. She was born March 31, 1962.
Child of Harry Wilson and Christie Sutten is:
38 i. Harry Andrew6 Wilson.
30. Marilyn Lee5 Wilson (Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born June 30, 1964 in Juno, Alaska. She married Glenn Weissman July 16, 1983 in Moncks Corner, SC.. He was born February 01, 1950 in Queens, NY.
Children of Marilyn Wilson and Glenn Weissman are:
39 i. Georgena Margeretta6 Weissman, born March 22, 1983 in Berkeley Memorial Gardens, Moncks Corner, SC; died 1983.
40 ii. Micheal Edward Weissman, born September 23, 1987.
41 iii. Micelle Elizabeth Weissman, born March 17, 1989.
42 iv. Mark Euguene Weissman, born February 25, 1990.
31. Keneth Merel5 Wilson (Floyd Malcom Wilson4 SR, Lucille Georgia3 Cooner, Lewellyn2, L.E.1) was born May 31, 1967 in Juneau, Alaska. He married Teressa Mimms, daughter of Willie Mimms and Siscila. She was born December 28, 1968 in SC.
Children of Keneth Wilson and Teressa Mimms are:
43 i. Ryan6 Wilson, born August 25, 1991.
44 ii. Ashley Wilson, born August 23, 1994.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|