Corlett Family Genealogy Forum
I am researching my Manx roots and would appreciate any information about this family that you would like to share with me. The following is extracted from my database. If we have common ancestors I would love to hear from you. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your input. Betty Rogers
Descendants of John Corlett
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 CORLETT was born 1796 in Isle of Man, England, and died Unknown. He married CATHERINE KELLY February 24, 1827 in Marown, Isle of Man, England. She was born 1801 in Isle of Man, England, and died Unknown.
Children of JOHN CORLETT and CATHERINE KELLY are:
i. JOHN2 CORLETT, b. January 06, 1828, St. Marks, Isle of Man, England; d. Unknown.
ii. JOSEPH CORLETT, b. March 27, 1831, St. Marks, Isle of Man, England; d. Unknown.
iii. THOMAS CORLETT, b. February 10, 1833, St. Marks, Isle of Man, England; d. Unknown.
iv. CATHERINE ESTHER CORLETT, b. November 06, 1837, St. Marks, Isle of Man, England; d. Unknown.
2. v. CHARLES CORLETT, b. February 04, 1839, St. Marks, Isle of Man, England; d. 1898, Laxey, Isle of Man, England.
vi. JAMES CORLETT, b. February 28, 1841, German, Isle of Man, England; d. Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. CHARLES2 CORLETT (JOHN1) was born February 04, 1839 in St. Marks, Isle of Man, England, and died 1898 in Laxey, Isle of Man, England. He married MARY FRANCES CAIN Abt. 1885, daughter of JOHN CAIN and ESTHER CRELLIN. She was born September 13, 1863 in Patrick, Isle of Man, England, and died 1937.
Notes for CHARLES CORLETT:
Prior to his marriage to Mary Frances about 1885, the 1881 Census records show that Charles Corlett, farmer, was the head of household. In the household was his widowed sister-in-law, Ann, and her 5 children. Her children were Helena Corlett (age 15), Catherine Corlett (10), William Corlett (8), Amelia Corlett (5), and Stanley Corlett (3).
More About MARY FRANCES CAIN:
Fact 1: Domestic Servant in the househod of John Williams
Fact 2: After death of Charles and her sister Esther, married Esther's Thomas Pemberton
Children of CHARLES CORLETT and MARY CAIN are:
i. AMOS3 CORLETT, b. 1886, Laxey, Isle of Man, England; d. 1952; m. LAURA DEGROSSE, 1932; b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
ii. JOHN CORLETT, b. 1888, Laxey, Isle of Man, England; d. 1967; m. LILLIAN NICK; b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
iii. LILLIAN CORLETT, b. 1892, Laxey, Isle of Man, England; d. 1914.
3. iv. JAMES LOUIS CORLETT, b. December 09, 1893, Laxey, Isle of Man, England; d. September 15, 1973, Reno, Nevada.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES LOUIS3 CORLETT (CHARLES2, JOHN1) was born December 09, 1893 in Laxey, Isle of Man, England, and died September 15, 1973 in Reno, Nevada. He married LOTTIE MAE BENTON January 01, 1922 in Iron River, Michigan, daughter of LOUIS BENTON and ESTHER PICHETTE. She was born July 07, 1901 in Ishpiming, Michigan, and died August 11, 1982 in Reno, Nevada.
More About JAMES LOUIS CORLETT:
Fact 1: September 19, 1973, Buried in Fallon, Nevada
Fact 2: 1893, Born in Laxey, Isle of Man, England
Fact 3: Immigrated to the United States in early 20's
Fact 4: January 01, 1922, Married Lottie Mae Benton
Fact 5: 1924, Moved to Nevada
Fact 6: September 15, 1973, Died in Reno, Nevada