Sorry for being so long to reply to your post.
I spoke to my father today:
He is William Ryrie Cormack - Born Juniper Green, Edinburgh 1927. He had two sisters (Evelyn and Joan) and two brothers(David Alexander and John Lawrence).
My Grandfather is David Alexander Cormack - Born Glasgow 1900. He had a brother named John, and a sister named Evelyn (Eva). My Grandfather came to Edinburgh when he was 17 years old to work for his Uncle, John Lawrence Cormack, a JP who lived in Balerno, Edinburgh, who was a Grocer in Currie. His Uncle John's first wife died. They had no children. He re-married in his early sixties and had a son (David) and a daughter (Laura). He died circa 1936 and is burried in Currie Churchyard, as are my grandparents.
My Great Grandfather is William Ryrie Cormack - Born 31st October 1874 - Slickley, Parish of Canisbay, Caithness. He died on Christmas Day or Eve in 1929.
- He moved to Glasgow after working for Shearers, Drapers, Wick, Caithness.
- He was the youngest sibling that included a number of brothers, and at least one sister, who moved to central Scotland, mainly Edinburgh. These included:
- John Lawrence Cormack (same as above).
- Gordon, a Grocer in Juniper Green, Edinburgh
- plus Cormack Brothers (one was James), who were Grocers who had shops in Collington and East London Street.
My Great Great Grandfather is David Alexander Cormack - Born Caithness. He was a Master Stonemason, who Married Janet (nee Waters) on February 16th 1860.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|