Charlotte; I have Lucinda as a member of Christian Croll's line (not Mathias'). If the below lineage looks like the right person, we are cousins of 3rd, 4th ???
Contact me at LARYCROL@AOL.COM
I have lots of electronic files I can send on Christian and his descendants (over 4500)
1. Lucinda CROLL b. 25-Dec-1847, m. James CLEMENS. Lucinda died 3-Jul-1876.
2. Joseph CROLL b. 3-Nov-1817, Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa., bapt. 25-Dec-1817, New Bethel Zion church, Grimsville, occupation Farmer/Tavern, m. 1843, Elizabeth MILLER, b. ---___-1826, Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.Pa., d. 7-Jun-1893, buried: Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.Pa. Joseph died 22-May-1876, of Typhoid fever, buried: Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.Pa. Innkeeper Greenwich twsp Berks Co. 1860 from PC Croll sponsers: Daniel Christ & Maria Schlenker
3. Elizabeth MILLER b. ---___-1826, Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.Pa., d. 7-Jun-1893, buried: Pine Grove, Schuylkill Co.Pa. from 1860Census
4. Joseph CROLL b. ---___-1790, Allegheny Co., occupation Tanner/Farmer, m. 1813, Elizabeth SCHLENKER, b. ---___-1792, Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa., d. fall 1872, buried: Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa. Joseph died 22-Mar-1847, of Kidney disease, buried: Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa. apprenticed with "Uncle" Michael Croll from P. Croll
5. Elizabeth SCHLENKER b. ---___-1792, Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa., d. fall 1872, buried: Grimsville, Greenwich Twp. Berks Pa. from P. Croll
Great Grand Parents
8. Johann Heinrich CROLL b. 21-Dec-1763, York, Pa. at 4AM, bapt. 11-Mar-1764, occupation farmer, m. Magdalena (Maria?) GILBERT, b. bef 1770, Berks Co. Pa. (?). Johann buried: Pittsburgh (?) Pa. Sponsers:Thomas & Dorothea Cromerius
9. Magdalena (Maria?) GILBERT b. bef 1770, Berks Co. Pa. (?). see grandson William Croll's baptism which is 2nd known source giving her possible first name!
10. John Christian SCHLENKER b. 21-Apr-1770, m. Barbara TRESSLER, b. 28-Nov-1778, d. 25-Feb-1861. John died 13-Jan-1851.
11. Barbara TRESSLER b. 28-Nov-1778, d. 25-Feb-1861.
Great Great Grand Parents
16. John Philip CROLL b. 8-Sep-1734, York, York Co. Pa., m. bef 1758, Maria Eva _____, b. bef 1732, d. 17-Apr-1817, Kutztown, Pa. John died bef 1796?, buried: Salfordville, Montgomery Co. Pa. it appears that Maria Eva married widow Abraham Zimmerman before 1796, making it likely that Philip had died sometime before that date (not confirmed).
17. Maria Eva _____ b. bef 1732, m. (1) bef 1758, John Philip CROLL, b. 8-Sep-1734, York, York Co. Pa., d. bef 1796?, buried: Salfordville, Montgomery Co. Pa., m. (2) ?, Abraham ZIMMERMAN, b. 29-Jun-1735, Maxatawny Twsp. Berks Co. Pa., d. abt 17-Oct-1807, Maxatawny Twsp. Berks Co. Pa. Maria died 17-Apr-1817, Kutztown, Pa. death date and second marriage it's based on VERY likely but not yet confirmed
18. John George GILBERT b. bef 1750, Berks Co. Pa. (?), m. unknown. John died bef 3/15/1790, Colebrookdale, Berks Co. Pa. will dated 1/31/1789, probated 3/15/1790 Berks Co. book Vol. 3 pg 118 had 6 sons and 4 daughters (see Grantors book, Vol 18 pgs 292,3,4).
3rd Great Grand Parents
32. John Christian CROLL b. 1707, Ringersahn,Waldeck,Germany, occupation Innkeeper,Storekeeper, m. abt 1733, in Pennsylvania, Maria Elizabeth KUERCHER, b. bef. 1715, Pennsylvania, d. aft 1764. John died 20-Aug-1758, York, York Co. Pa. IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN
I Christian Croll being sick and weak in Body Yet of a sound & Perfect understanding and Memory do make this my last Will and Tes- tament in manner Following Viz I Will that all my Debts and Funeral Expenses be paid and that my Wife Elizabeth Croll have the old House and Lot Situate on Northside of high Street in York Town until my son Mich. Marrys but when he Marrys She is to have two Rooms in the New House one Down Stairs the other up both at the Northside and at the End adjoyn- ing Andrew Nabingers Liberty of their Kitchen to wash and Cook in also of the Well and to put any Lumber or Grain on the Garret Loft and one half of the lot next Nabingers the Brendled Cow that is now in Town the Bay Mare bought of Cornelius Lane her bridle and Saddle the Bed and Bed- ding we used to lye on and her Choice of all the other Beds and one third Part of all the Furniture belonging to the House I Will to my son Philip the Plantation I bought of Jacob Heague Situate on the East of little Conewago with all the Improvements thereon and my Part of the Improvements and Land now in Partnership between George Stevenson Esq. and me also the mare I bought of Samuel Schultz Two Cows and two Breeding Sows A new Plow Share and Coulter Clevisses and Single Trees said Philip Yielding and paying to his Mother Yearly During her Widow Hood Sixty Seven Pounds of Pork thirty four Pounds of Beef Thirteen Bushels of Wheat Six Bushels of Rye and eight Bushels of Oats and to deliver her three Cords and a half of Firewood in Town I will to my Son Michael my two Houses and Lots in High Street in York Town Situate between Andrew Nabingers on the East and a House of Michael Swoopes on the West with all the appurtenances and Improvements there unto belonging and said Michael is to have all the Bedding and Beds in the House at the appraisement two only accepted for his Mother and one for his Sister Mary also my Gray Riding Horse Briddle and Saddle Said MIchael is to find and Procure Sufficient Fodder for one Cow and one Horse and to give her annually and every Year During her Widow Sixty Seven pound of Pork and thirty four pounds of Beef. I Will to my Son John the Plan- tation I bought of George Allbright with all the appurtenances & Improvements thereon all the Iron Steels and Tools in the Smiths Shop The Roan Horse Two Cows six Sheep the Windmill Two Plows and the Irons belonging to them and four Breeding Sows and a Waggon and John is to give his Mother every Year During her Widow Hood Seventeen Bushels of Wheat Nine Bushels of Rye and twelve Bushels of Oats Sixty Seven Pounds of Pork and thirty four Pounds of Beef and to deliver her Six Cords and a half of Firewood every Year in Town I Will to my Son Henry the House and Lot wherein John Adlum lives and desire that the rents thereof be paid out to the Best advantage by my Executor for his use I Will to my Daughter Mary my House and Lot in Water Street late the Estate Henry Schultz one Feather Bed and Bedding one Cow and four Sheep I Will and Desire that my Patent Land on the West Side of Great Connewago and all my other Lands Houses and Lots not already mentioned be sold my Executors and that Barnet Candles and George Zin do serve their time with my Son John and that he teach or Cause them to betaught the Smith Trade and I constitute my Wife Elizabeth my Son Philip and Martin Eyklesberger the only and sole executors of this my last Will and Testament
IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand and Seal ---- the thirty first day of July 1758 CHRISTIAN CROLL |seal| Signed Sealed Published and ---- Declared in Presence of John Adlum Baltzar Knertzer John Michael Foy
BEFORE me George Stevenson Esq Deputy Registor for the Probate of Wills and granting of Letters of Administrat- ion for the said County of York Personally came John Adlum Baltzar Knertzer and John Michael Foy the three Subscribing Witnesses to the for- going Instrument of Writing and on their Solomn Oath Respectively do say that they were Personally Present and saw and heard Christian Croll above named Sign Seal Publish and declare the foregoing Instrument of Writing as and for his Testament and last Will that they Subscribed their names as Witness to the same and that they said Christian was at Time of sound & disposing mind and Memory Sworn & Subscribed at York the 22 August 1758
MEMORANDUM That Letters of Testamentary in Common Form were granted to Elizabeth Croll, Philip Croll and Martin Eykleberger of the Estate of Christian Croll Deceased Inventory to be exhibited into the Registers Office at York on or before the twenty third Day of September and an Account or Reckoning on or before the twenty third Day of August next GIVEN under the Seal of the said Office at York the Twenty third day of August Anno Dom 1758
33. Maria Elizabeth KUERCHER b. bef. 1715, Pennsylvania, d. aft 1764.
4th Great Grand Parents
66. Henry KUERCHER b. bef 1690, m. bef 1715, Anna Maria RESSER, b. 24-Jun-1683, Lindenthal, Germany, d. 25-Jan-1760, York, York Co. Pa. Henry died bef 1720, Pennsylvania.
67. Anna Maria RESSER b. 24-Jun-1683, Lindenthal, Germany, d. 25-Jan-1760, York, York Co. Pa.
5th Great Grand Parents
134. John George RESSER b. bef. 1663, Germany, m. unknown. John died ?, Pennsylvania.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|