I am looking for any information on the children and descendants of Malinda JONES (daughter of Jesse JONES and Hannah Pomeroy KILLOUGH) by her first husband, Lemuel Washington CRUCE. Especially, I am interested in what happened to Malinda. They had 7 known children:
1. Sarah Ann Elizabeth CRUCE, b. 1836 TN, married Anson James KYLE, died 1872 at Crockett, Houston County, TX
2. Stephen Jesse CRUCE, b. 1837 TN, married Martha Ellen BOBBITT 1867, died 1910 at Hill County, TX
3. William J. CRUCE, b. abt 1839 MS (probably Marshall County)
4. John Killough CRUCE, b. abt 1841 MS (probably Marshall County), died after 1860
5. Hannah C. CRUCE, b. abt 1843 MS (probably Marshall County), died after 1860
6. Nancy Jane CRUCE, b. 1845 MS also probably Marshall County, married Robert L. BISHOP abt 1860, lived in Karnes, Atascosa, and Frio Counties, TX, went to Washington State about 1900, died at Yakima, Washington in 1921
7. Mary M. CRUCE, b. abt 1846 MS (prob. Marshall County), d. after 1860
After her husband Lemuel Washington Cruce died in Marshall County, Mississippi in May 1847, Malinda Jones Cruce moved to Anderson County, Texas where she met and married John BLAIR in 1849. In her father's (Jesse Jones) Will she is listed as Malinda BLAIR. After the 1850 census, Malinda disappears from the records. What happened to her? Where, when did she die? What happened to William J., John Killough, Hannah C., and Mary M. Cruce?
Any help appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|