Stratford originally included Shelton, Monroe,Trumbull,and Parts of Bridgeport.
In 1789 Ripton Parish Which also included Monroe Established the Independent Town of
Huntington(Samual Huntington). Monroe quickly
became Independent. When Industrialization
occured (1880's) The Borough of Shelton was created within the town of Huntington.
The town's name was changed to Shelton in 1921. There still exists a section of Shelton
(Without any clear boundry's) called Huntington. The fact remains this is one town
with one History.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|