I just did a search on my last name, to see what i came up with.
Some things you people might be interested in:
* my family immigrated from England when i was very young... i don't remember much of living there. But, i can tell you that it is an English name, and that there are a high number of Dafferns living in the South of England (Devonshire, and places like that).
* Daffern, apparently, is a Norman name, so apparently it has french origins.
* My grandfather is Raymond Daffern, and that is about as far back as i can trace the Daffern line. Not that far, i admit, but it is something i would like to pursue one day. FYI -- my grandfather was in WWII and served as an undercover type agent in the British Army. He was awarded the american silver cross ... but none of us actually know what he did to acheive such an award. He died a few years ago, so i suppose we will never know.
* My grandmother's name was Mary Daffern, and i am afraid that i do not know her maiden name.
* I have cousins currently living in Spain -- also Dafferns, on my father's side. Their father was John Daffern, and the cousins names are Caroline and Gregory.
I have enjoyed reading your posts -- i so rarely come across other Dafferns on the internet.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|