The branch I am related to were almost all born in Bedworth/Foleshill Warwickshire. Up until recently I had only traced my ancestors back to my great great grandfather John Daffern born in 1838 or 9 in Bedworth.
However I have just learned that his antecedents were John Daffern born 1810 at Berkswell (married to Mary) and Banjamin Daffern born 1787 whereabouts unknown (also married to a Mary), although no further detail yet on either.
My great grandfather was Joseph Daffern b 1863 in Bedworth and married to Sarah Flanagan born 1867 also in Bedworth.
Their children were
* Noah born 1890
* Sarah born 1891
* Gertrude born 1893 (my maternal grandmother)
* William born 1896
* Thomas born 1898
* John born 1901
* Ginnie (nickname – real name possibly Jane) born after 1901
* Millie (nickname – real name possibly Millicent) youngest born after 1900…died of TB in the 1930s or 1940s.
1. John Daffern born in 1838 was said to be married to Sarah Bunney. Is that surname correct? Any information on Sarah Bunney?
2. Going back to John’s father John born in 1811 – his wife was said to be a Mary born in 1806. Any details of her? Who were their children?
3. Likewise going back to Benjamin born 1787 and his Mary. Do you have information on their children?
4. Jumping to the more recent end of the tree, there were 2 younger sisters of the Joseph Daffern tribe, who eldest daughter Sarah effectively bought up when their mother died young. They were presumably born after the 1901 census….one was called Ginnie (possibly Jane or Viriginia) and the other Millie (presumably Millicent) who died of TB in the 1930s. I can’t find any information about when their mother and father died. Do you have any information on this please?
Hope someone can fill in the gaps. Thanks in anticipation.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|