Perry County Genealogy Project Biography Board
Posted By: Susan
Date: July 26 2003
excerpted from the 1886 book "The History of the Susquehanna & Juniata Valleys" - page 1087 (Centre twp, Perry section)
"John Darlington, on the 3d of June, 1762, warranted a tract containing 345 acres, adjoining the lands that afterwards belonged to William Neilson.....In 1799 he devised his lands to his sons John and Meredith. He had besides three sons, two daughters - Sarah, who became the wife of William Bull of Raccoon Valley; and Mary, who became the wife of Wilson McClure. The Darlington lands were not divided until May 24, 1823, when John received 201 acres and Meredith 215 acres, including the mansion house. The sons of Meredith were Wilson, John, Samuel and David. Wilson settled on the homestead, which was owned by the family until 1884. John and Samuel located in the West. David, after residing here many years, moved to the West. The farm of John Darlington was sold many years ago to David Tressler, and is now known as the Tressler farm."
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|