No, I am not working on the Elijah Davis who lived in Oh. I don't know is he is the Elijah Davis that was the bondsman for the marriage of my James Davis to Susannah Orme in Mason Co., Ky or another Elijah Davis. I suspect their is more than one Elijah Davis around.
I had just posted my direct Davis line that some of the information maybe of some help to someone in the future.
I believe that I may have two Davis lines that eventually will go back to the same ancestor.
Following the wife of James Davis, (Susannah Orme), daughter of Moses Orme and Elizabeth Davis that eventually lead me back thru three Nicholas Davis ancestors on her side of my tree. Thru their wills and deeds it was easier to track them.
I will list the children of James Davis and Susannah Orme.
They were married on December 9, 1801 in Mason Co., KY.
1) Elizabeth Davis b. 1802, d 1875 Greenup Co., KY married John N. Howe
2) Moses H. Davis, b. 1804 died 1872 Carter Co., KY
3) David Lovejoy Davis, b. January 1 1806 died 1880 Des Moines Co., IA (my direct Ancestor)
4) Rebecca Davis b. 1808 married Charles Test.
5) James Davis b. 1809 died 1879 Indianapolis, IN
6) Milton Davis b. 1811 d. 1880 Indianapolis, IN
7) Lucretia Davis b. 1814 md Thomas English
8) Nicholas Davis b. 1814 (twin) d. 1879 in Clark Co., IL
9) Alfred Davis b. 1816, death unknown
10) Amanda Davis b. 1819 md James Cox
11) Cornelia Davis b. 1821 md Perry Goodhue
The above children are in the estate papers of James Davis who died in 1830 in Rush Co., IN.
My Susannah Orme's mother was Elizabeth Davis, who was the daughter of Nicholas Davis and Rebecca Ward.
The father of Nicholas Davis, husband of Rebecca Ward was David Davis and his wife Ann Naylor.
David Davis's parents were Nicholas Davis and wife Elizabeth.
Nicholas Davis's parents were Nicholas Davis and wife Elinor.
The above was determined by the deeds and a couple of wills from two counties of Charles and Prince Georges County, Maryland.
I suspect that James Davis was probably some remote relative of his wife, Susannah Orme since she is a Davis descendant also.
One day, I will search my James Davis ancestry and see how far I can get. For now, this all of the information that I have on my Davis Ancestry.
I hope some of this may help others as they find this post.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|