William L. Davisson was born in Missouri in May 1855, eldest of three (poss. four) children of Nathaniel (6) [John W.(5), Amaziah (4), Josiah (3), Daniel (2-1)] and Hannah (Lionbarger) Davisson.
William was married to Jane "Jenny" Adelia Goldsmith in Benton county, Missouri on 29 Dec 1878. Jennie was born in Illinois in March 1859, the daughter of James A. and Eliza Frances (Cowden) Goldsmith.
William died, probably in Joplin, before 1910, where widowed Jennie is found in the 1910 census, and not in later ones.
Though William's family moved to Oregon after the death of his father, William, newly-married, reamined in Missouri (except for a brief time in Kansas), where he and Jennie raised six children:
1. Charles H. (1879-1972), m. Lela Anne Bell, 1 son 3 daus;
2. Mabel E. (1881-aft 1958), m. Alexander Townsend, 1 dau 2 sons;
3. Emma (1884- aft. 1910), I have no record;
4. Warren Goldsmith (1886-1966), m. Nell, to Mich bef 1930, 3 dau 1 son;
5. Neal Dow (1888-1986), m1 Halma Ewing, m2 Cora, to Oregon aft 1930, by 1) 1 son 2 dau;
6. Nathaniel William (1892-1954), m. Helen Sapp, to Calif aft 1930, at least 1 son.
Hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|