Michael KINSEL and Nancy LANE left the area of Loudoun Co. & Fauquier Co., VA. and settled in Perry Co., OH. Here are the children of whom I am aware:
1. a daughter, for whom I do not have a name, nor whom she married, if at all. We know of her existence through early Census Records, grouped only by age ranges and gender specifications. I am listing her as the first child, but that may not necessarily be her actual birth order.
2. Elizabeth KINSEL married Thomas HARPER. They settled in Perry Co., OH and had 12 children. Some of their offspring stayed in Perry Co, others went to Jackson and Vinton counties in OH. Others moved west to IL, MO, KS, and NE.
3. John KINSEL married Sophena DAYMUDE, believed to be a daughter of Jacob DAYMUDE. John and Sophena moved from VA to Perry Co., OH, then to the Columbus, OH area. John probably died in OH. Sophena moved to IL with the younger children. When the remaining children became adults, they moved to IA, NE, CO and CA. Sophena died and was buried in IA.
4. "Nancy" Frances Ann KINSEL married James Fenton DAYMUDE, a brother of Sophena DAYMUDE. Nancy and James moved from VA to OH then to IL. Most of their children died in IL and one moved to IA.
5. Margaret KINSEL married Francis KIRKPATRICK. They had 3 children, but data is conflicting as to their gender. It is unknown if the children died or grew up to adulthood. Margaret died in VA. Francis remarried to Artimisia/Artemesia JEFFRIES.
6. William KINSEL married Frances LEWIS. William died in VA, leaving at least 1 known child who stayed in the Loudoun/Fauquier Co, VA area, as did that child's descendants. Frances remarried to William CREEL and had 2 more daughters with him.
7. Martin KINSEL moved from VA and married Elizabeth OGG in Perry Co., OH. They relocated to Vinton Co., OH. Most of his descendants lived in the Jackson, Vinton, Athens, and Ross Co, OH areas. 1 or 2 of his daughters moved to IA. His youngest son moved to NE, then I lost track of that son.
8. George Washington KINSEL married Mary JOHNSON/JOHNSTON in OH. They moved to Knox Co., MO, where most of his descendants remained in the Knox and Adair Co, MO areas. One son went to CO and CA for a time, then returned to MO.
9. Thomas Albert KINSEL married Minerva SYCKS/SYCKES in OH. They remained on a portion of the original homestead in Perry Co, OH. He also acquired the land of Minerva's father, John SYCKES, some of which, still remains in the KINSEL family today. Many of the descendants of Thomas remained in OH, with the exception of 2 sons and 1 daughter who went to IL. The descendants of them scattered throughout IL and one branch of them went to KS.
10. Catherine Ann KINSEL married Thomas RUSH in Perry Co, OH. They lived on the farm, directly south of the Thomas HARPER farm in Perry Co., OH. In the 1860's, they moved to IL, near the family of James DAYMUDE and "Nancy" Frances Ann KINSEL-DAYMUDE, sister of Catherine Ann KINSEL-RUSH.
We have not found the graves of John KINSEL in OH, nor those of Margaret KINSEL-KIRKPATRICK or William KINSEL in VA. I have not visited the grave of George Washington KINSEL in MO, but know where he is buried.
We have not been able to locate the graves of Michael KINSEL or Nancy LANE-KINSEL. Any ideas or assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
We do not know the parents of Michael KINSEL, but have studied the migration patterns of all of his descendants. What I find is an interesting pattern of the VA, PA, and MD families who have come through PA, OH and on to IL, MO & KS. Several surnames are repeated, which suggests that we could be linked to what I call the Hagerstown, MD KINSEL/KINSELLs. They came into the US via Philadelphia, PA. The other suggestion is the Harford/Frederick Co, MD KINZELs, who also moved in a similar pattern westward. These families are often found in the same or adjacent counties of the states where our KINSELs have relocated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|