Thomas Jefferson and Mary Ann are my ggggrandparents. They had nine children in all. They are as follows:
1. Elizabeth Jane DENDY b.1830 in Montgomery Co, AL; d. 8 Feb 1867 in Natchitoches, Natchitoches Parish, LA; buried in Catholic Cem. in Natchitoches, LA; m. Jean Theodore BUVENS
2. Sarah Anne DENDY b. 30 April 1834 in Montgomery Co, AL; d. 20 Dec 1876 in Sabine Parish, LA; buried in St. John Cemetery, Many, Sabine Parish, LA; m. John BUVENS 2 Feb 1853 in Sabine Parish, LA (b. 1820 in Belgium; d. 3 Mar 1872 in Sabine Parish; buried in St. John Cem.) They had the following children (that I know of).
a. Joseph BUVENS born c1856 in Sabine Parish
b. Leonoria BUVENS b. c1857 in Sabine Parish
c. Edward BUVENS b. c1859 in Sabine Parish
3. Nancy Adeline DENDY b. c1835 in Montgomery Co, AL; m. William Shaffer ELLZEY 2 August 1853 in Sabine Parish, LA. They had the following children (that I know of)
a. William Robert ELLZEY b. 12 Nov 1855 in Sabine Parish; d. 13 Jan 1922; buried in Toro Baptist Church Cemetery, Sabine Parish
b. Laura A. ELLZEY b. c 1856 in Sabine Parish
c. Henry S. ELLZEY b. c1859 in Sabine Parish
4. Matilda C. DENDY b. c 1839 in LA; m. S.H. Van Schaubrock (b.in Belgium) 17 May 1866 in Sabine Parish, LA
5. Louisa Anne DENDY (my line) b. Dec 1840 in Sabine Parish LA; d. 13 Feb 1934 in Vernon Parish, LA, buried in Prewitts Chapel Cemetery, Hornbeck, Vernon Parish; m. Abraham Rinkle DOWDEN (b.14 Feb 1839 in Kisatchie, Natchitoches Parish, LA; d. 18 Sept 1907 in Kisatchie, LA; buried A.R. Dowden Cemetery, Kisatchie, LA) 23 Dec 1856. They had the following children.
a. Francis Marion DOWDEN b. 26 Sep 1860 in Kisatchie, LA; d. 28 Aug 1917; buried in Old Kisatchie Cemetery; m. Margannie Marguerete COLEMAN 16 Feb 1880
b. Thomas Jefferson DOWDEN b. 1 May 1862 in Kisatchie, LA; d. 29 May 1937; buried in Self Cemetery, Sabine Parish, LA; m. Ellen D. SELF 30 Dec 1880
c. William Henry DOWDEN b. 23 May 1865 in Kisatchie, LA; d.1907; buried in A.R. Dowden Cem., Kisatchie, LA.; m. Martha LANDRUM 7 July 1885 in Sabine Parish
d. Shelton Edward DOWDEN (my line) b. 27 Nov 1866 in Kisatchie; d. 13 March 1944 in Vernon Parish, LA; buried Castor Cem., Leesville, Vernon Parish, LA; m (1) Mary Ellen CHANCE (my line)14 Dec 1884 in Sabine Parish (2)Mahalia LEIHSING 3 Oct 1922 in Sabine Parish
e. James Monroe DOWDEN b. 2 April 1868 in Kisatchie; d. 18 Apr 1951; buried Prewitts Chapel Cem, Vernon Parish, LA; m. America HAYS 1 Sep 1887 in Natchitoches Parish, LA
6. Thomas Jefferson DENDY, Jr. b. 8 Jan 1842 in Sabine Parish; d. 8 Apr 1864 in the Battle of Mansfield (LA)
7. Martha A. DENDY b. c1844 in Sabine Parish; m. Francis M. Ford 6 Feb 1862 in Sabine Parish
8. Theodore DENDY c. 1847; d. between 1850 and 1860 (he appeared with the family in the 1850 census, but was not enumerated with them in 1860 census)
9. Shadrack Miller DENDY b. 25 Oct 1848 in Sabine Parish; m. (1) Mary Elizabeth TURNER 27 Oct 1870 in Natchitoches Parish, LA (2) Ida Lee TEAGLE 7 May 1890
Mary Ann was the daughter of Shadrack JONES. She had at least one brother, Matthew JONES.
I hope this helps. I have more information on some of the children and grandchildren.
Sharon Dowden Watkins
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|