This is what I have on my Houston. He is not my direct descendent but his sister is. I have the rest of the info for anyone interested. Hope this helps.
Descendents of Amos M. Devers
Generation No. 1
1. AMOS M.1 DEVERS was born Abt. 1781 in Kentucky County VA (new Kentucky)/Kentucky, and died 1840 in Lincoln Co.. He married MARY (POLLY) DILLENDER 1813 in Williamson County, TN, daughter of JOSEPH DILLANDER.
Notes for AMOS M. DEVERS:
Amos M. Devers is listed as paying Poll tax in Williamson County TN in 1810. He was a farmer and a Presbyterian.
More About AMOS M. DEVERS:
Event: 1810, Paid poll tax in Williamson Co. TN
Notes for MARY (POLLY) DILLENDER:
Mary's brother-in-law, Walter Owen was bondsman on their marriage license.
More About AMOS DEVERS and MARY DILLENDER:
Marriage: 1813, Williamson County, TN
Children of AMOS DEVERS and MARY DILLENDER are:
i. JOSEPH D.2 DEVERS.
2. ii. NATHANIEL (NATHAN) DEVERS, b. March 11, 1816, Lincoln Co. TN; d. September 21, 1860.
3. iii. ELIJAH D. DEVERS, b. May 18, 1818, Lincoln County TN; d. March 1904, Wayne County, TN.
4. iv. HENRY LUKENBAR DEVERS, b. December 03, 1821; d. 1891.
v. MARY (MOLLIE) DEVERS, b. November 12, 1824; m. ISAAC N. WRIGHT, November 06, 1862, Lincoln County TN.
More About ISAAC WRIGHT and MARY DEVERS:
Marriage: November 06, 1862, Lincoln County TN
vi. AMOS ABIJAH DEVERS, b. March 11, 1828; m. MARTHA (?).
Notes for AMOS ABIJAH DEVERS:
In 1860, was in Lyon County KY
5. vii. JOHN PLEASANT DEVERS, b. January 09, 1833.
Generation No. 2
2. NATHANIEL (NATHAN)2 DEVERS (AMOS M.1) was born March 11, 1816 in Lincoln Co. TN, and died September 21, 1860. He married MARY MARTHA YOUNTS May 31, 1836 in AL.
More About NATHANIEL (NATHAN) DEVERS:
Burial: Brown Cemetary, Hopkins County, KY
More About NATHANIEL DEVERS and MARY YOUNTS:
Marriage: May 31, 1836, AL
Children of NATHANIEL DEVERS and MARY YOUNTS are:
i. MARTHA JANE3 DEVERS.
ii. ALMARINE DEVERS, b. March 30, 1837.
6. iii. WILLIAM JOSEPH DEVERS, b. May 13, 1839, TN.
iv. MARY ADELINE DEVERS, b. May 04, 1841.
v. FRANCIS MARIEN DEVERS, b. July 03, 1843.
vi. JOHN H. DEVERS, b. July 01, 1846.
vii. SARAH F. (SADIE) DEVERS, b. October 30, 1850.
3. ELIJAH D.2 DEVERS (AMOS M.1) was born May 18, 1818 in Lincoln County TN, and died March 1904 in Wayne County, TN. He married (1) ROSANNAH (ANNY) CLARK TEMPLE June 26, 1837 in Lincoln County TN. He married (2) RUTH ADELENE CAMPER June 09, 1853 in Caldwell County KY.
Notes for ELIJAH D. DEVERS:
He had 9 children with Ruth Camper making him a total of 14 children. The other 5 from a previous marriage to Rosannah (Anny) Clark.
The 1860 Census shows he was a farmer in Glass Factory, Lincoln County TN. 370.00 William, Elizah, Almeda, John Martin and Nancy were still living at home. Bryant was born that year.
The 1870 Census shows that he and his family were living in Wayne County TN. They had moved in on an ox wagon pulled by a yoke of oxen. Ruth Adeline's brother came with them and settled in Wayne County. They lived on a small farm on Moccasin Creek, now known as the Elmer Skelton place, owned by Virgil Skelton.
Family members remember a big spring at the bottom of a hill on one side of the house. On the opposite side of the house in the back was a large fruit orchard on a hill.
On one occasion while visiting at Minnie's home, he decided to walk the four miles to his house. He didn't make it before a sudden change in the weather. Bryant came after him in a wagon and took him to his home on Eagle Creek, where he died.
He is believed to be buried on Upper Green River, known as the Tucker Helton farm, now Swinea property.
Ruth Adeline may have been buried on the Skelton farm.
He may not have been able to reclaim his oxen and wagon after mortgaging them.
He is described as being a very tall, slim man, more than 6 feet with very large, rough facial features.
It is believed that he could not read or write.
Died at the age of 85 years.
More About ELIJAH D. DEVERS:
Cause of Death: See Notes...
Census: 1860, Farmer in Glass Factory, Lincoln County TN 370.00 William, Elijah, Almeda, John Martin, and Nancy were still living at home. Bryant was born that year.
Medical Information: In his later years he was so drawn from rheumatism in his back that he walked with two canes.
Notes for ROSANNAH (ANNY) CLARK TEMPLE:
She was a widow with four children. Moses Temple,Elizabeth Temple b. 1830, Temperance Temple b. 1832, and Sarah Temple b. 1834
More About ELIJAH DEVERS and ROSANNAH TEMPLE:
Marriage: June 26, 1837, Lincoln County TN
Notes for RUTH ADELENE CAMPER:
Before she married Elijah she was a widow with four children. Moses Temple, Elizabeth Temple, Temperance Temple, and Sarah Temple.
At the time of the 1850 Census they were living in Lincoln County TN
More About ELIJAH DEVERS and RUTH CAMPER:
Marriage: June 09, 1853, Caldwell County KY
Children of ELIJAH DEVERS and ROSANNAH TEMPLE are:
i. HENRY COLEMAN3 DEVERS, b. 1838.
7. ii. ALFREAD H. DEVERS, b. 1840.
iii. WILLIAM (BILL) DEVERS, b. 1842.
Notes for WILLIAM (BILL) DEVERS:
William (Bill) served along with his brother with the South during the Civil War from 1861-1863.
iv. MARTHA ANN DEVERS, b. 1849.
v. ELIZA DEVERS, b. 1851.
Children of ELIJAH DEVERS and RUTH CAMPER are:
8. vi. ALMEDA (MEDA)3 DEVERS, b. 1853, Wayne County, TN; d. December, Collinwood TN.
9. vii. JOHN MARTIN DEVERS, b. February 03, 1855; d. March 18, 1903.
viii. NANCY (NAN) DEVERS, b. August 24, 1858.
10. ix. BRYANT DEVERS, b. June 04, 1860; d. January 01, 1936.
x. HOUSTON DEVERS, b. 1863.
xi. FRANK MARION DEVERS, b. February 05, 1865.
xii. IDA MANERVIA DEVERS, b. September 12, 1868.
xiii. MINNIE ELIZABETH DEVERS, b. September 20, 1871.
11. xiv. JOSEPH CICERO DEVERS, b. April 17, 1876.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|