1. There were two more High children as listed below
EVA CHRISTINA DALE, b. 8 MAY 1765, likely in Northampton Co., bp. 27 MAY 1765 at St. Paulís, Upper Saucon Twp, m. c1787 to ABRAHAM HOCH or HIGH(b. 1760, d. 1792 Centre Co PA.) The following three HIGH children are named in CHRISTIAN DALEís 1805 will.
1. SUSANNA HIGH b. 27 JUNE 1788, m. JOHN BLOOM
2. JOHN HIGH b. 16 FEB 1791 (or 1792), m. SARAH DeRHOADS
3. ABRAHAM HIGH b. unknown
2. The connection of Christian Diehl/Dale as a son of Alexander Dale/Diehl has no basis in fact. I see it appear from time to time in postings and have never seen any proof of the link. There was an Alexander Dill/Diel in Whitpain Twp, Philadelphia County PA who arrived on the ship Allen in 1729. He died in 1739 and the administration mentions a wife Mary, but no children and no guardians appointed. He arrived on a ship full of German Baptists (Brethren)with their leader Alexander Mack. Christian Diehl/Dale attended a Lutheran church (he was married at New Hanover Lutheran (AKA Falckner's Swamp) where his first three children were baptized.
3. There is a marriage of an Elizabeth Flor to a Jacob Diehl in the 1740s in Lancaster/Lebanon Co. area. There is no evidence of a marriage of Elizabeth Flor to an Alexander Diehl/Dale.
4. I am writing a history of the Christian Diehl/Dale family and would appreciate any information you would be willing to share.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|