Jeter is found in Suffolk, Co., Eng., records in 1561, 1577, 1612. Wales and the Orkney Islands Scotland The Jeters were French Huguenots who took refuge in England and lived there many years before coming to America.
According to a memorandum left by William Oscar Jeter of Kentucky, John Jeter came from England in the early 1700's and settled near Port Royal, Caroline Co., Va. He was twice married and had eleven children by each marriage. His wives' names are not known. John Jeter's children:
1. George Jeter, moved to Orange, Co., Va.
2. Henry Jeter, lived in Caroline Co., Va.
3. Thomas Jeter, moved to Amelia Co., Va., about 1760 and died there 1765
4. William Jeter, moved to SC and died there about 1797
5. Ambrose Jeter, moved to Amelia Co., Va.
Other children of John Jeter moved to Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and NC.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|