The following items are from Maryland Probate and other court records.
A LEWIS DISHROON of Somerset County, MD, planter, was deposed in 1733 at which time he stated his age to be about 55 years.
Administration account for MICHAELL DISHAROON of Somerset County, MD. It is dated
14 June ----. The year is not given, but it is bunched in with a number of other accounts all dated 1698. (Accounts 16:65). It mentions payments to Maj. Whittington and Mr. Jenkins. Also a distribution to widow and 4 orphans (unnamed). Administratrix: JONE DISHAROON.
Following from Maryland Wills series:
1. Will of MICHAEL DISHAROONE of Somerset County, MD dtd. 23 Mar 1714/5 and proved 30 Aug 1715. Names sons WILLIAM and MICHAEL, wife ANNE, and daughters RACHELL, SARAH, MARY, and ANNE DISHAROONE.
2. Will of Thomas Cox, Sr. of Somerset County, MD dtd. 20 Nov 1724 and
proved 13 Jan 1724. Mentions daughters: Sarah Turpen, JANE DISHAROUNE and
Margratte. (Wills 18:371).
3. Will of John Roach Sr. of Somerset County, MD dtd. 26 Oct 1725 and
proved 1 Jun 1727. Witnesses: JOHN DISHEROON, MICHAEL DISHEROON, MARY
DISHEROON and Rebecca Stevens. (Wills 19:208).
4. Will of Timothy Kenady (Keneday) of Somerset County, MD dtd. 5 Jan 1728
and proved 6 Feb 1728. Executors to bind son John to MICHALL DASHERON as
blacksmith, and son Timothy to JOHN DASHEROON (Wills 19:589).
5. Will of Thomas Hill of Somerset County, MD dtd. 12 May 1730, proved 15
Jan 1734. To daughter FRANCES DISHARUNE personalty (Wills 20:917).
6. Will of Ebenezer Handy of Somerset County, MD dtd. 2 Dec 1735 and proved
20 Jan 1735. Witness LEVIN DISHAROON (Wills 21:496).
7. Will of Thomas Pollet of Somerset County, MD dtd. 23 Nov 1743 and proved
26 Jan 1743. Sons Jonathan and John and daughters MARY DISHEROON, Margaret
Stevens, Elizabeth, Sarah and Priscilla (Wills 23:350).
8. Will of John Haywood of Somerset County, MD dtd. 9 Mar 1744 and proved
19 Apr 1744. Son David 50 acres "Brittings" which testator bought from
MICHAEL DESHERANE. (Wills 23:493).
9. Will of LEWIS DISHAROON of Worcester County, MD dtd. 8 Apr 1745 and
proved 9 Jun 1745. To son, LEAVING DISHAROON, 100 ac. "Holder's (Holsom?)
Folley," about 6 miles from the fork of Wicomico River. To grand-dau. MARY
DISHAROON, 1 horse. To son LEAVING DISHAROON, personal estate. To grand-dau
JANE DISHARON, dau. of JOHN DISHAROON, stock. To 3 grand-daus: MARGARET,
ELIZABETH and ELLANOR DISHAROON daus. of JOHN DISHAROON, stock. Appoint son
LEAVING DISHAROON, ex. Wit: Benj. Handy, Rencher Robards and Archibald
Smith. (Wills 24:182).
10. Will of LEVIN DISHAROON, Worcester County, MD dtd. 15 Mar 1745/6 and
proved 4 Jun 1746. Wife REBECCA DISHAROON. To loving son LEVIN DISHAROON, 2
tracts, "Holdar's Folly," the plantation I now live on. To daus: MARY,
SARAH, REBECCA, JANE, ELIZABETH and EUNICE DISHAROON, land called "Wilson,"
200 ac. equally. Wife REBECCA EXTX. Wit: Benjamin Handy, George Smith,
Robert Hand (Wills 24:408).
11. Will of MICHAEL DISHAROON of Somerset County, MD dtd. 20 Oct 1756 and
proved 29 Nov 1756. Wife MARY, Children: CONSTANT (son), JOHN, MARY, Ann
Starling, Joseph Bannester, ELENOR and MARGARET DISHAROON. Exs: MARY and
CONSTANT DISHAROON. Wit: WILLIAM DISHAROON, Thomas Todvine, Joshua Porter
12. Will of Francis Lanequake of Somerset County, MD dtd. 2 Mar 1754 and
proved 23 Jan 1759. Mentions sons-in-law including JOHN DISHAROON.
Grandchildren OBADIAH and FRANCIS DISHAROON. (Wills 30:637).
13. Will of JOHN DISHAROON of Worcester County, MD dtd. 23 Aug 1756 and
proved 18 Dec 1761. To son OBEDIAH DISHEROONE, 92 ac. called "Haskiel's
Choice," it being land whereon he now lives. To son STEPHEN DISHEROON,
plantation whereon I now live, with all land thereunto belonging; if sd.
Stephen die without issue son GEORGE should have said land with all
orchards and conveniences belonging; slaves and clothing. To wife one
slave. To children: OBEDIAH, STEPHEN, THOMAS, GEORGE, FRANCES, SAMUEL, MARY
and ELIZABETH DISHEROONE. Ex: Son STEPHEN. Wit: Wm. Roach, Sr., Stephen
Roach, Jr., Wm. Roach, Jr. (Wills 31:547).
14. Will of WILLIAM DISHEROON of Somerset County, MD dtd. 25 Jan 1762 and
proved 23 Feb 1762. To wife MARY DISHEROON, dwelling plantation whereon I
now live, 150 acres called "Frisells Enjoyment." To son LEVIN DISHEROON,
dwelling house and plantation whereon I live with 150 acres called
"Frisells Enjoyment." To son JAMES DISHEROON, 50 acres called "Come No
Neighbor." To daus MARGARET, UNICE and PRISCILLA DISHEROON, slaves. After
death of wife MARY, then remainder of moveable estate to 4 sons: JESSE,
WEATMAN, JOSHUA and JAMES DISHEROON. Exs: Wife and son LEVIN. Wit: John
Watson, JOHN DISHEROON, John Carrew (Wills 31:574).
15. Will of William Turner of Worcester County, MD dtd. 30 Nov 1763 and
proved 3 Feb 1764. To dau. Sorrowfull Anne Mary DISHAROON, 120 acres of
above-mentioned land [i.e. "Paramore Double Purchase," near the seaside];
at her decease, to grand-dau. SOPHIA DISHAROON. (Wills 32:21). [? could
this be a Quaker family?]
16. Will of Robert Lafield of Somerset County, MD dtd. 26 Oct 1766 and
proved 27 Feb 1767. Wit: John Chambers, James Roach, GEORGE DISHEROON.
17. Will of Comfort Turner Sr. of Worcester County, MD, widow, dtd. 18 Oct
1766 and proved 17 Apr 1767. Children: SORROWFUL ANNE, GEORGE, WILLIAM,
MARY DISHAROON, Tamer Fisher, Esther and Comfort Turner. (Wills 36:18).
18. Will of William Davis of Worcester County, MD dtd. 7 Dec 1767 and
proved 29 Feb 1768. Wit: Smith Bruington, LEAVEN DISHAROON, John Handy, Jr.
19. Will of Sarah Dowdel of Somerset County, MD dtd. 10 Dec 1771 and proved
24 Dec 1771. Children: Jonathan Pollet, John Pollet, MARY DISHERON,
Margaret Stevens, Elizabeth Finch. Wit: John Pullit, Margaret Hails (Wills
20. Will of Thomas Toadvine of Somerset County, MD dtd. 22 Aug 1771 and
proved 23 Jun 1772. "My two sons Isaiah Banks and GEORGE DISHAROON. (Wills
21. Will of JOHN DISHAROON of Accomack County, VA proved in Somerset
County, MD dtd. 20 May 1772 and proved 19 Aug 1772. To JOSEPHUS DISHAROON,
NUTON, OBADIAH, CONSTANT DISHAROON. Estate to be equally divided between my
two brothers and four sisters. Wit: William Selby, Elijah Milbourne, Thomas
Sanford. Exs: Brother CONSTANT and JOSEPHUS DISHAROON. (Wills 38:806).
22. Will of JOSEPHUS DISHAROON of Somerset County, MD dtd. 10 Jan 1773 and
proved 9 Feb 1773. To NUTON DISHAROON, all land in Somerset County, 200
acres and joyners tools, wearing apparel. To mother MARY DISHAROON, one
horse as long as she lives at her death to NUTON DISHAROON. To MICHAEL
DISHAROON, son of CONSTANT DISHAROON, wearing apparel. To Ann Starling
Banks, silver shoe buckles. To 4 sisters and brother CONSTANT DISHAROON,
residue of estate. Brother CONSTANT ex. Wit: Stephen Adams, FRANCIS
DISHAROON, Henry Banks (Wills 39:123).
23. Will of THOMAS DISHAROON of Somerset County, MD dtd. 28 Oct 1772,
proved 9 Feb 1772. To brother OBEDIAH DISHAROON, son of STEPHEN DISHAROON,
stock. To brother FRANCIS DISHAROON, ex., dwelling plantation. To sister
ISABEL DISHEROON, residue of estate and my brother FRANCIS DISHAROON to
have care of my sister ISABEL until she is 16 years of age if she dies he
to get her estate. Wit: Stephen Roach, GEORGE DISHAROON.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|