My paternal grandmother was Amanda Dishong who may have been born in Cambia County, PA in 1875. She married my grandfather (James William Coughenour) around 1890. They went on to have 12 children; my father was the youngest: Joseph L. Coughenour. He is the only one still living. The first 6 or so of their children were born in Bedford County.
In 2001, I finished my Bedford County research on Coughenour and tried to research Amanda Dishong. I could find no records tracing her to the earlier Dishongs of Bedford County. She may have been born in Cambia County, PA; her father John was. My aunt (now deceased) provided this background:
John P. Dishong married Hannah (?) ... fought in Civil War for the North, injured in the Battle of Piedmont (VA)
* Linnie Dishong (b 2-10-1870)
* Charles Dishong (died in coal mine accident)
* George Dishong
* Amanda Dishong (b. 5-09-1875; d. 10-04-1955 -- married James W. Coughenour b. 7-14-1865; d. 12-28-1952)
* Emma Dishong (b. 1-15-1881; d. 1960)
* Della Dishong (b. 8-23-1885; d. 1-23-1975)
Can you find a tie-in to this in your records?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|