I am seeking information about a DITTRICH family from Rohrbach, Austria. (I know there are at least three towns named Rohrbach - I'm not sure which one.)
Here's the information I have:
My great-great-grandfather, Janos "John" DITTRICH, an engineer at a water plant in Rohrbach, Austria, married Magdalen ROMBACH in the late 1800s. The two had at least five children:
1. Female Dittrich (died young - ruptured appendix)
2. Anna Dittrich (married a man named MUELLER and lived in E. Germany)
3. Jacob Dittrich (may have been a twin), b. after 1891
4. John Dittrich (moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina)
5. Magdolna/Magdalen Dittrich (my great-grandmother), b. 21 Aug 1891, m. 1910 in Chicago, IL.
In 1909, Janos sailed to the US (through Ellis Island) to find work. He brought his 17-year-old daughter, Magdolna, to cook for him, and briefly settled in Chicago, Illinois. Magdolna married one of her father's co-workers, Frank WERDERITCH, in 1910, and after her marriage, Janos returned to his family in Austria.
If anyone has any information about this family, about Rohrbach, Austria, or any leads on finding information, please let me know. Thanks!
Ich verstande mehr Deutsch dann ich spreche - Kontack mich im Englisch oder Deutsch. Danke!
-- Cheryl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|