Cecil Smythe's book is a bit difficult to follow--like a trail that has been rained on overnight or something. He jumps from the midst of a sentence on family, to maps of land grants, and records of military nature, and then back to his original lines on family. So I will attempt to track him through this one and answer your question on the siblings of Alexander Dobkins, if I can. He has included a printout of a page on a Family Group with Solomon Dobkins born 1787 in Tennessee, and married in 1808 in Tennessee, and dying in 1852 in Kaufman, Texas. His father was Jacob Dobkins and his mother Darcus Johnson Dobkins. His wife's name was Elizabeth born 1787 in Tennessee and dying in 1851 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The children listed are :
1. Phebe, Female, born 1810, Tennessee. (she married Wm. Latham)
2. Jacob, male, born 1812, Tennessee
3. George, male, born 1813, Tennessee
4. Hugh, male, born 1814, Tennessee
5 Alexander, male, born November 14, 1815, Tennessee, married March 2, 1839, Tennessee and died January 10, 1869, Tarrant Co., Texas
6. Marcellus, male, born 1817, Tennessee
7. Nancy, female, born 1820, Tennessee m. James Belvin
8. Lucinda, female, born 1827, Tennessee
9. Minerva, female, born 1830, Tennessee married Joseph Ballard.
All the Tennessee notes indicate Claiborne County, Tennessee. Hope that helps some. Beth
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|