Cornelius was a son of Thomas Donahoe and Mary Bryon/Byron (I have it spelt two ways in our records). Thomas and Mary came from Ireland to Newfoundland. Family lore says that Mary didn't want to stay in Newfoundland because she feared the sea would take her children (as the family would have to fish for a living) so they moved to PEI and farmed instead.
Thomas and Mary had several children (I have not listed in chronological order):
1. James Donahoe (b 1832 in Newfoundland d 1887 Roseneath, PEI) m Mary Quinn (b Ireland 1834 d PEI 1902)
2. Cornelius Donahoe (b 1821 Newfoundland d Roseneath PEI) m Margaret Quinn (b Ireland 1832 d 1903 PEI)
3. Mary Donahoe (b 1838 in Newfoundland d 1890) m Robert Quinn (b 1841 d PEI 1886)
4. Owen Donahoe (b 1821 in Newfoundland) m Ellen Flannagin
5. Johannah or Hannah (died in infancy or at birth)
6. Catherine Donahoe (b 1835 d 1917) single
7. Johannah (2nd) Hanna (b 1832 d 1928) single
8. Thomas Donahoe (b 1832 d 1889)
9. John Donahoe (b 18?? - ) lost at sea
As you can see, two of the brothers and one sister of the Donahoe's married two sisters and a brother of the Quinn's. The Quinn's were from Campilesmis from New Ross, Suttons Parish in Wexford, Ireland. The Donahoe's were from Tipperary. Mary Byron/Bryon was from Meadowsihill County, Killarney, Ireland.
The children of Cornelius and Margaret were:
1. Catherine Donahoe m Mathias Landrigan
2. Thomas Donahoe m Catherine Cain
3. Mary Ann Donahoe m Patrick Ryan
4. Michael Donahoe m Nellie Higgins
5. Austin Donahoe m Mary Ryan
6. John Donahoe m Maggie Walsh
7. Margaret Donahoe m Peter Curran
8. Hannah Donahoe m Michael Sanphy
Now, I notice that your last name is Ryan so I am not sure if you are a descended from Patrick J. Ryan and Mary Ann Donahoe OR Cornelius Ryan and Ellen McAleer or if Ryan is your married name, it is your husband who is descended? Anyway, how I tie in is that Austin Donahoe is my Great Grandfather. His son Michael Joseph Donahoe is my maternal Grandfather.
You may have all of this information already but if not, hope this is useful. I have more information, feel free to drop me a line - I'm always delighted to make contact with potential cousins, however distant they may be.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|