I hope you are still out there and interested in your Doo lineage. My gr-grandmother, Margaret A. Doo, was your grandmother's sister! I'd be happy to share what I have on this family and to learn what you have discovered.
On this family I have the following starting with the parents of Margaret and Alice Jane:
Alexander Doo b. abt. 1813 in Ayrshire, Scotland
d. August 1896 in Chippewa County, WI
Alexander m. Mary Elizabeth Kay on Oct. 28, 1845 in Sackville, Westmorland, New Brunswick. Mary Elizabeth Kay was b. 12 April 1826 in Sackville, NB. She d. Oct. 1896 in Chippewa Co., WI. Alexander and his wife move to Chippewa County, WI from New Brunswick about 1885.
Alexander & Mary Elizabeth had the following children:
1. Mary Ellen Doo, b. July 28, 1846
2. Martha Ann Doo, b. August 16, 1849
3. Charles Russell Doo, b. May 30, 1852
4. Annie E. Doo, b. March 11, 1855
5. Margaret A. Doo, b. Dec. 13, 1857 (my gr-grandmother, who went by the name "Maggie".
6. Alice Jane Doo, b. June 14, 1860 (your grandmother)
7. Nellie Ellen Doo, B. Sept. 16, 1865
8. Addie L. Doo, Dec. 28, 1868
9. Catherine Florence Doo, B. May 14, 1863
I already had the information that Alice Jane was married to Edward Cole, so it was easy to make the connection. I also have their children's names. Which did you descend from?
My gr-grandmother, Margaret Doo, m. 1st James Flem(m)ing on July 31, 1883 in New Brunswick. He died in 1891 in Stanley, WI and she went on to marry Sam Mills in 1897 in WI. I am descended from her 1st husband.
I'd be happy to share more. So happy to see your message here, though it is several years old. Hopefully, you still have the same email address and this Board will notify you of my reply.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|