With the lead given by Karen Henderson at her Doty Family Tree web page, link given below:
I was able to find the Missouri State Archives web page for its St. Louis Probate Court Digitization Project, 1802 - 1900 at the link below:
By entering the name of party as: Doty, the search engine will bring up the record for probate case 00606. Clicking on the "view images" link will bring up 7 collections of 5 pages of images each from the probate file for Doty, John. I have reviewed all 35 pages and have incorporated the pertinent data into my RootsWeb World Connect database. Below is a link to my database page for John Doughty / Doty:
Among the more important data are the following:
- John Doughty / Doty was deceased by 23 Jul 1823.
- John's wife, Elizabeth Doughty / Doty, was executrix of his will (copy NOT in the file).
- John & Elizabeth's sons, Joseph M. Doughty and Larkin Doughty, gave surety for her executrix bond.
- Elizabeth Doty paid her married daughter's share of their father's estate to their respective husbands on 17 May 1824: William Doty, h/o daughter Nancy Doty; James McCoy , h/o daughter Rebecca Doty.
- Elizabeth Doty had died by 17 Feb 1836, when Robert N. Martin, new administrator for John Doty's estate, inventoried her own estate yet to be divided among her heirs. Those heirs, who had already received their share of their father's estate, were named as: Larkin Doty, Joseph Doty, Robert Doty, Nancy Doty, William Doty, and Rebecca McCoy.
- Probate of John Doty's estate was finally settled by 3 Feb 1837.
I hope this info is helpful to a descedant of this family. I descend from daughter, Nancy Doty and her 1st husband, William Doty, through their only known child, Elizabeth Cordelia Doty of Lincoln Co., MO.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|