The St. Louis Probate Court Digitization Project, 1802-1900, has probate case 00774 for "Doughty, Elizabeth". The case file includes 132 document images distributed among 27 collections of up to 5 images each. Among the more important data found were the following:
- Elizabeth Doughty & Larkin R. Doughty took a 2-yr loan from John Brown on 5 Sep 1825. Larkin signed and Elizabeth made her mark. Elizabeth Doty sold one horse to Larkin Doty in 1826.
- Larkin Doughty paid State & County taxes for 1827. This appears to be for his mother's land.
- Larkin R. Doughty, Joseph M. Doughty, and William M. Doughty asked that R. N. Martin be appointed administrator on 28 Dec 1827. So, Elizabeth Doughty was deceased by that date. (Robert N. Martin had succeeded Elizabeth as the administrator "de bonis non" of husband John Doty's estate on 11 Nov 1828 after she had failed to complete its administration by 20 Mar 1826.)
- Robert N. Martin executed a bond to be administrator of Elizabeth Doughty's estate on 10 Jan 1828 with heirs named as: Larkin R. Doughty, Joseph M. Doughty, Rebecca Doughty, Robert Doughty, Nancy Doughty, and William M. Doughty.
- Inventory of her estate included 244 acres land, 1 Negro woman, 1 girl & 1 boy. Buyers at her 5 Mar 1828 estate sale included: Nancy Doty, Enoch Doty (brother of Nancy's husband, William Doty, my ancestors), Larkin R. Doty, ???t. (probably Robt.) M. Doty.
- Robert N. Martin paid Elizabeth Doty's State & County taxes for 1828 thru 1834.
- Robert N. Martin paid shares of their parent's estates to Larkin R. Doty on 9 Mar 1831, to Robert Doughty on 10 Dec 1831, and to Joseph M. Doughty on 10 Sep 1832. Enoch Doty signed as witness to Joseph's receipt. William Doty of St. Louis Co., MO, gave Power of Attorney to Thomas Wethington on 3 Jul 1834 to obtain his property as heir of Elizabeth Doty.
- Probate of Elizabeth Doughty's estate was finally settled on 3 Feb 1837, the same date that her husband's estate was settled.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|